Home

MLB 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies

This is a discussion on MLB 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2008, 02:16 AM   #25
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies

That play to end the game at the wall in RF was sick!

In the replay, it looks like the RF mouths the word "Wow"

I was very impressed by the video. The CPU was taking pitches, which is always encouraging.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2008, 02:26 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Quick, head over to vetzballin.com for new MLB 2K8 video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
I hang my head low last years looked so much better. it's such a bland look
I think it has alot to do with the new lighting. I don't know why they had to go & change the way they light the game.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:26 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Quick, head over to vetzballin.com for new MLB 2K8 video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm217
I'm a 2K fan but the colors and atmosphere in MLB 2K8 pales in comparison to MLB 08 The Show. Not even close. How disappointing.
From the little screen that I saw, I think the colors were correct. It was a cold, dark, gloomy day. You aren't gonna see nice clean shadows and lighting effects during an overcast game.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:27 AM   #28
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Just to clear something up. This a preview build, not the demo we will get. This is the same preview build that has been out for over a month. As a general rule, a preview build is somewhere between 80-90% complete. The last 10-20% is ironing out the bugs, fixing little issues here and there, and putting a final polish on the game. What we are seeing is a very small take on what the game will look like. You also have to take into account the loss of polish from transfering it from the system, to the computer, then uploading it to the internet. Not to mention viewing it on about a 4inch space.

Just thought I would let the people know this who weren't sure.
You're right about the difference in the preview build and the fact that watching on such a small (non HD also) video doesn't do it justice visually. Visuals shouldn't be a major concern for people. This should still be (barring something crazy) an excellent looking game. One thing to point out though, is that the demo we are getting will probably be from the same (or similar) build. Demos are usually locked up from earlier builds to show a good general sample (from what some game developers have told me...not anyone from 2K though). I say this because invariably some people will complain about the demo's presentation, hit sounds, general audio/visual, etc. If you are unhappy with the preview build videos, you may be getting the same with the demo. I know last year the demo paled in comparison to the actual game visually.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:41 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 7
is anyone else really dissapointed with the crowd in these games?? I dont hear that mentioned much, but it always sounds like there are about 50 people there, they cheer or boo at inappropriate times, and the only real change in crowd "intensity" is they add that one guy that whistles every 30 seconds. Takes me completely out of the excitement of the game. I hope this is fixed in the final build.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:43 AM   #30
Rookie

is anyone else really dissapointed with the crowd in these games?? I dont hear that mentioned much, but it always sounds like there are about 50 people there, they cheer or boo at inappropriate times, and the only real change in crowd "intensity" is they add that one guy that whistles every 30 seconds. Takes me completely out of the excitement of the game. I hope this is fixed in the final build.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:43 AM   #31
Pro

pistonpete's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Vetzballin.com: MLB 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies

i'm not bothered by the visuals, and the gameplay looks solid. i just hope, as someone else said, we can turn off the red marker above the user controlled player while fielding. the pitching interface looks organic, which to me is more engaging than button mashing in sync with a meter. (i still will be getting the show, but there are a few things about mlb 2k8 that i think engross the user more than the show). i only watched the first three innings, but nothing really turned me off, although i need to stop browsing OS so much because now the bat sound is irritating to me where before it didn't.
anyway, should be a good game.

pete
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2008, 02:54 AM   #32
Rookie

Fatalah's Arena

Re: Vetzballin.com: MLB 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies

does anyone think we'll be getting the demo at 4am EST tonight?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »