Home

NFL Head Coach 09 First Look

This is a discussion on NFL Head Coach 09 First Look within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2008, 11:20 PM   #1
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48
NFL Head Coach 09 First Look

GameSpot has posted their NFL Head Coach 09 first look.

Quote:
"Realistically, NFL Head Coach 09 is a sequel in name only. Quick to admit to the original game's problems--a frustrating interface, sloppy artificial intelligence, ridiculous assistant coaches--the developers on hand in Indianapolis have said that with the exception of the Madden engine that will power the actual on-field games you will coach, everything in NFL Head Coach is entirely new."
Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2008, 12:10 AM   #2
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: GameSpot: NFL Head Coach 09 First Look

Quote:
What we do know is that, as a coach, you can lose your job as well. An overall approval rating is always onscreen to give you a constantly updated look at how the fans, players, media, staff, and management are reacting to the choices you make.
Nice!

The wishlist at work yet again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Here's an idea that ties into a lot of stuff I mentioned earlier in thread and in others.

Player Icon/Coach Status: As part of the Player Cards and Coach bios, you can now see how each player and coach stands in the eyes of the Owner, Fanbase, Coaching Staff, and Fellow Teammates. Weigh all the consequences of benching, releasing, and trading Icon players. Who's trust can you really afford to betray? Think twice before benching/releasing/trading valuable veterans who have high leadership qualities and who are "Fan Favorites". Be mindful of firing a coach who is well-liked by the rest of the staff and has a good rapport with the players. Make a contraversial move and watch as the drama is drawn out in the media and on NFL Total Access. A string of ill-advised decisions can get you fired just as quickly as you were hired. Can you step up and make the tough, contraversial decisions? Could you handle a Terrell Owens-like situation and keep your job? We'll see.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...=173761&page=2

Game is sounding better the more I read about it. Hopefully, these new features are implemented well.

Last edited by Kanobi; 02-27-2008 at 12:14 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:21 AM   #3
Pro

[Icy]'s Arena

OVR: 8

Ummmm this already made me to doubt how realistic will be this game:

"Though you can get canned in NFL Head Coach, the game will try to help you along if your approval rating plummets too low, whether by throwing a good player your way, or by helping a current player have a breakthrough in his potential."

WTF?? so if you are doing bad as GM, your players will all the sudden become HOF level so you can win???
Old 02-27-2008, 07:02 PM   #4
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24
I hope that we can import draft classes. No one wants to draft Boar Jackson.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:13 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Icy]

"Though you can get canned in NFL Head Coach, the game will try to help you along if your approval rating plummets too low, whether by throwing a good player your way, or by helping a current player have a breakthrough in his potential."

WTF?? so if you are doing bad as GM, your players will all the sudden become HOF level so you can win???
that's laughable. ea just knows how to get in the way of a sim experience. also, let's hope the sim engine is accurate in this game unlike madden every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #6
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Icy]

Well that does raise some red flags. Maybe that's optionable and can be turned off.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-03-2008, 11:49 PM   #7
Rookie

jballa838's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
I hope that we can import draft classes. No one wants to draft Boar Jackson.
That wouldnt work with how they are doing the processes. They have all the prospects pre-made with their own stories and stats and all that jazz. Plus they have collegiate updates going on.
Plus, last time I checked, NCAA doesnt come out with all players named, so this would be a hassel to those oblivious to this site and others. And there would have to be a NCAA HEAD COACH game to fully get the transferable factors. (awesome game idea. I hope they do it)
Old 03-08-2008, 02:37 PM   #8
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NFL Head Coach 09 First Look

Quote:

When will EA realise that people can deal with losing and not everyone wants the easy way to victory.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »