Home

Three Point Thursdays: Major League Baseball 2K8

This is a discussion on Three Point Thursdays: Major League Baseball 2K8 within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2008, 02:22 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Three Point Thursdays: Major League Baseball 2K8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott4171
I work from home. I checked out the marketplace. Spiderwalk Chronicles was the only demo up. Now they took that down and it seems like they maybe be updating today. Lets see if we get MLB 2k8 today or tomorrow.
If you're talking about the new arrivals section, items only stay in there for a set period of time. Taking something down doesn't necessarily mean they're getting ready to put something else up. Sometimes there are several demos in there when lots of them are being put up, some times there are none for a while during slow times.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:21 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

It's come to the point where Information is just not exciting anymore. WE NEED THE DEMO
Old 02-28-2008, 03:35 PM   #11
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

I cant wait to see "five point friday"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2008, 03:35 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Very good read with some new info, and it's really encouraging that he enjoyed the game. One thing i wasn't aware of is that for dives, you have to actually be in the right spot with good timing rather than hitting it when you feel and relying on an animation.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #13
Rookie

RedLine's Arena

OVR: 8

Nice article, thanks.

I noticed that dives are performed with the R trigger too but there is no mention of jumping other that it's automatic if you are in the right place at the wall in the outfield. I didn't like the sound of this, I thought we would still have to do something to climb the wall or jump for it.

Looking at the screenshots for controls posted today, there is no mention of jumping either. So is the R trigger context sensitive so that if the shortstop wants to leap to catch a ball you can use the R trigger?

Thanks for any clarification.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:40 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3
Matt,

Why would you write an article about features that everyone on this site already knows about. You are dealing with an audience that knows nearly every facet of the game already. Give us some specifics about the game or don't write about anything at all. It's a nice idea to have a regular feature, however, you should consider whether or not your article adds to what has already been a lengthy conversation on OS.

Change is great, but please don't just pile on to the ever mounting pile of poor PR that is the game industry.

Also, if you want to see a great article concerning this game then you need to check out Jeff Robinson at Gametap. I understand you have a theme of "Three point Thursdays" which is great, I guess, but you need to bring the originality man.

Ciao

Last edited by rjdtex; 02-28-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:00 PM   #15
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdtex
Matt,

Why would you write an article about features that everyone on this site already knows about. You are dealing with an audience that knows nearly every facet of the game already. Give us some specifics about the game or don't write about anything at all. It's a nice idea to have a regular feature, however, you should consider whether or not your article adds to what has already been a lengthy conversation on OS.

Change is great, but please don't just pile on to the ever mounting pile of poor PR that is the game industry.

Also, if you want to see a great article concerning this game then you need to check out Jeff Robinson at Gametap. I understand you have a theme of "Three point Thursdays" which is great, I guess, but you need to bring the originality man.

Ciao
Haha, and who the hell are you? He didn't HAVE to do that for us ya know?

How about this: give us a post with a purpose... or don't post at all... That work for ya?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2008, 05:05 PM   #16
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

He might as well have called him "Mark".
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »