Home

Friday Morning Other Stuff (2-29-08)

This is a discussion on Friday Morning Other Stuff (2-29-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-29-2008, 12:40 PM   #9
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Friday Morning Other Stuff (2-29-08)

I was playing a guy who was a friend of mine, at the time, on NCAA 04. I was TCU and he was Clemson. I was beating him by around 10 at half time then got the kickoff to start the 3rd. I went into 2nd half offense mode (run up the middle to eat up the clock). I had done this on two other drives and the guy was getting so pissed he was cussing on the mic and on AIM. He finally has enough, says *bleep* this and calls a FG block defense on 2nd and 6, well I had planned to call a pass way before then, so I called a route to the TE out of the two tight end shotgun formation. 80 yards later I scored a td with a tight end who had maybe 75 speed at most.

The another time I came back from 42 down to beat my friend on NCAA 04 (I was Utah State and he was BYU). I fell asleep playing NHL 95 one and night and almost screamed when the game woke me up. One night I decided to see if I get play through all of the seasons on NCAA 05, won 7 straight national titles (simming) at Nevada and finally finished all seasons at like 6:30 am. I'm sure there's more (72 sacks with William Perry on Tecmo Super Bowl) but I've forgotten a lot.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:04 PM   #10
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

QOTD: I really dont know. Thats a tough question. Go back to easy questions
Old 02-29-2008, 03:15 PM   #11
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

QOTD: Sad and funny (in hindsight) moment. Playing MVP 03 and was going for a Team Goal by sweeping the Cardinals (a rival) in a series. I played the last game of the series like 5 times and every time they'd come up with a cheap win. After the 5th time I got so frustrated I went up and smashed the XBOX CD tray in. It broke, still worked, but eventually died a few months later.

I later learned that the Cardinals weren't even my rival.

Oof. New XBOX now, it's lasted since 2004. Considering the life span of my other XBOX's (two others), it's going pretty strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »