Home

EA Selects Darren McFadden as the First of Four Cover Athletes for NCAA Football 09

This is a discussion on EA Selects Darren McFadden as the First of Four Cover Athletes for NCAA Football 09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2008, 01:47 PM   #9
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: EA Selects Darren McFadden as the First of Four Cover Athletes for NCAA Football

I agree. This better be the year they go all out. They touted last year that Madden was the first real next gen Madden and it was eventhough it was glitch littered. I played NCAA way more. But I want atmosphere, I want more accurate ratings, I want an immersive college experience. What happened to the uniforms? EA use to pay attention to detail now I feel like they've gotten a little too cocky. With the sales of both franchises going down I think that was a wake up call to them. These both are their cash cows and EA sports games makes up 40% of the revenue that's EA generates. If they plan on buying people out and expanding they have to keep the quality of their product top notch. I think its going to get very interesting. I'm sure their CFO almost had a heart attack when he looked at the numbers and I'm sure that the pressure from execs is trickling down to the developers. You never know, David Ortiz may have quit because he couldn't take the pressure.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:03 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: EA Selects Darren McFadden as the First of Four Cover Athletes for NCAA Football

they said a different coverman for the different regions. mcfadden for the south. my guess is m.ryan of the north & maybe colt brennan for the west. the wii version will be the moscot challenge winner.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:04 PM   #11
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Unless the atmosphere and immersion is improved I can't purchase this or Madden. I'm tired of the dull presentation in EA's football games. I want to be excited and look forward to playing games in my franchise and seeing new things. NBA 2k8 and MLB The Show have spoiled it for all other games. Its time for football to make that leap.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2008, 02:07 PM   #12
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6

Cosigns
Old 03-06-2008, 02:08 PM   #13
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
I know its EA and we have all been dissapointed, but lets wait and see what they have. IMO, it does sound like Branching animations from last year, but im not a programmer either. Just bring us the atmosphere, tighten up the AI and im good to go
Old 03-06-2008, 02:14 PM   #14
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBucc
Wasn't breaking out of animations the same thing they hyped up last year?
No
Old 03-06-2008, 02:16 PM   #15
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Unless the atmosphere and immersion is improved I can't purchase this or Madden. I'm tired of the dull presentation in EA's football games. I want to be excited and look forward to playing games in my franchise and seeing new things. NBA 2k8 and MLB The Show have spoiled it for all other games. Its time for football to make that leap.
I feel the same way. During college football season I would get all excited and want to play a game but when I put the game in I play for 5 minutes and just turn it off cause it's boring as hell.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2008, 04:05 PM   #16
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
I hate to be a negative pr1ck, but I have to say that "wide-open collegiate style gameplay" and "all-new Break Away Animation" makes me a bit nervous. I don't want to see every other play go for 80 yards with scores commonly in the 60's.

'08 was probalby tilted a little too far towards the defense. But EA typically likes the offensive game....sounds like we are headed back there this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »