Home

NCAA Football 09 Interview

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Interview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2008, 06:41 PM   #9
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: First 09 Details - GameTap!

Quote:
We want to show the contrast between the home and away teams. The sidelines are now populated and you'll see cheerleaders doing stunts. When you looked at it on PS2, the cheerleaders were part of a cutscene. Now, you'll be driving down the field and you'll see them on the sideline doing stunts and cheers in unison, and it's really cool.
Quote:
The moves are on both sticks, and you still have the ability to do moves off the button controls. But now, much like when you play Fight Night, you can rotate the analog stick to go into a spin move, and instead of just letting that animation play out, you can now go from animation to animation and juke to juke by your control. It's all about the fluidity.

Quote:
A lot of the multiple tackle hits that you'll see are all the results of our new mo-cap. Foot-pinning is another big focus, so you can actually see the cuts. When a runner hits and plants, you'll actually be able to see the leverage of the weight.

Quote:
The influence you're going to see this year is more about the strategic side of the playbook.

Good lookin out on the article, this info made my day.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 03-07-2008 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:49 PM   #10
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Awesome job!

I don't know boys, this guy sounds like he knows what he's talking about...

I like that they are addressing the atmosphere issues and the uniforms, stadiums, etc.

I have faith in this years version. He even says it's all about gameplay. Awesome.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:51 PM   #11
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I knew I shouldn't have read this July 15th can't get here fast enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2008, 07:01 PM   #12
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
So he's essentially admitting that we shouldn't waste our money on games within the first couple years of a new system because the developers learning curve is so slow that it takes 3 years of development for a game to actually be worth buying.

Thanks for the confirmation, I appreciate it.
No, he's saying that EA's dev team has a 3 year learning curve. Other developers seem to grasp each system quicker, look at MLB 08 The Show. They are only in there second year on the PS3 and have pretty much nailed it IMO. NCAA is always an automatic buy for me each year but, these articles build up the hype so much that the final product can't live up to the hype. Everything sounds great in that article if it is true but, this stuff usually doesn't turn out as great as they make it sound. The one thing I want the most is improved gameplay (always want this) and vastly improved atmosphere. They have got to get the college atmosphere back to where it was on the Xbox and PS2 and quick IMO.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:43 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
No, he's saying that EA's dev team has a 3 year learning curve.
Sooooooooooo, what exactly is the difference? It's total BS that it takes these guys 3 years to figure out a system when they release a game every single year. That just doesn't cut it. To me that equals these games not being worth a purchase for the first 2 years if they're still figuring things out.

I'll keep that in mind from now on.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:50 PM   #14
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I knew I shouldn't have read this July 15th can't get here fast enough.
LOL. I'm the same way. Call me a sucker. Cuz I'm hyped already for July 15th! Damn you EA. I just hope it's not all talk and no show.

Good find on the article.

Edit: I'm really hyped up now! The paragraph about the juking system is something I have put in the Wishlists for 2 years in a row. And the comments about the playbooks have me pumped. There will be all types of the spread now.

Better gameplay & better presentation and atmosphere will equal a better game.

Last edited by J-Unit40; 03-07-2008 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:06 PM   #15
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Kendall Boyd: A lot of the multiple tackle hits that you'll see are all the results of our new mo-cap. Also, when we were talking about the wide-open controls, now on the left stick, a place where we've never had any moves, now you can go left-to-right on the left stick and you will do a Barry Sanders-esque shimmy. It's really sweet and that's something that came from the motion-capture. Foot-pinning is another big focus, so you can actually see the cuts. When a runner hits and plants, you'll actually be able to see the leverage of the weight. We've also added all-new player models. When you look at an NFL player, they're much more chiseled. Look at a college lineman: They still have muscle tone, but they also have some girth about them. We just want to get those differences between the two to help make the game, not only feel more authentic, but look it.
Looks like they've been playing some All-Pro Football.

This is great news.....hopefully eliminates the psychic DB's and superhuman LB's.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #16
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
No, he's saying that EA's dev team has a 3 year learning curve. Other developers seem to grasp each system quicker, look at MLB 08 The Show.
You can't use the Show as an example because it made by Sony and the people from Sony should know how to use their hardware!!

Take Two ported there basketball games over to next gen. I think EA's dev is right about the learning curve.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »