Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 Review

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 Review within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2008, 09:59 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Major League Baseball 2k8 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekey55
One thing you failed to mention is the fact that they removed vendors walking down the aisles and the fact that the fans dont reach for foul balls anymore. I cant undertand the reasoning behind that. Overall though, the game with a few tweaks, would play one hell of a game of basesball...to bad the developers rushed it out the door.
I think they were trying to take things out to make the game run smoother. It obviously didnt work very well though.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:45 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 29
Good review, this game is a disappointment, with some small nice touches,
Old 03-10-2008, 11:12 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Major League Baseball 2k8 Review

Well I havent bought the game yet and this review along with many others take ,has put me on hold until I can buy on sale if I can hold out.NHL 08 and NBA2k8 still take up alot of my time anyway...
Old 03-10-2008, 11:15 PM   #20
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Sadly this is NOT the game I wanted it to be... Bought/the PS3 versiona nd am hoping for a patch. i'm giving 2k about a month to do so...
Old 03-10-2008, 11:17 PM   #21
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlyGilmore
why thank you ;-)

very tough game to review. balancing some of the new things they've done with the utter inexcusable frame rate issue wasn't that easy.
I only hope 2k and Brinkman see THIS review as I believe it is the "definitive" review of the game from the most accurate sports gaming site out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2008, 11:20 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 28
It's a vicious cycle people. Time is 2K's enemy. Ok lets look at it. They obviously didn't have the time to do what they wanted to get 2K8 out the door like they wanted to. So they had to compromise. Right when it hit the shelves they probably went to work on 2k9. BUT HOLD THE PHONE. We got a framerate issues going on here. So now they have to have some people stop what they're doing on 2K9 and address this issues. So what does that mean? Time that was supposed to be spent working on 2K9 now has been diverted to fixing some of 2K8 so 2K9 is already behind the eight ball timewise and the game still has a year before release. They need to just take a break one year and fix the game up properly. But that isn't going to happen and if I were running I wouldn't do it either. It's financial suicide. Besides the fact they're paying for the license.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:20 PM   #23
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Thanks for help saving me $60. It used to be I'd buy a highly anticipated game on release day. Not anymore. I've learned from my mistake -- NCAA Football 08 -- and I'm glad I showed patience with this apparent disaster of a game. I don't care if it has some good points and plays a decent game of baseball after you get the hang of it, for $60 it damn well better be orgasmic for me to reach into my wallet.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:58 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 60

The game "crashes"? You mean you'll be playing then, bingo, crashes like a computer game would?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »