Home

Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (3-12-08)

This is a discussion on Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (3-12-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2008, 09:16 AM   #9
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (3-12-08)

QOTD: Not sure about my longest winning streak, but the most important and memorable one I had was in NHL 2k7 in my 2nd season with the Philadelphia Flyers. First year I had been knocked out in the first round of the playoffs after coming in as the #1 seeded team (Florida Panthers, the #8 seed, went on to win the Stanley Cup). However, in my 2nd season I was extremely focused and reeled off 13 consecutive postseason wins, including a sweep of the Atlanta Thrashers, Ottawa Senators, and, sweetest of all, the Florida Panthers in the Eastern Conference Finals. I beat the Chicago Blackhawks in the Cup Finals in 5 games (I lost Game 2) to claim my first Cup. I'm now finishing up my 4th season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 03-12-2008, 09:17 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

QOTD: I had a 20 game winning streak in NHL 07 with the Senators.
MLB: New York Yankees
CFL: BC Lions - I want my Rough Riders back!
Old 03-12-2008, 09:20 AM   #11
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Meh on APF, 2K8 was a terrible football game that I know everyone seemed to love, but I hated it.

QOTD - One year in Triple Play, I played the entire season. And this was before sliders, etc. It was a PS1 version, and I won something like 112 straight games. LOL I actually had fun because I seemed to enjoy games more for the fun aspect back then.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2008, 09:20 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 62

QOTD:
I lost track but it went multiple seasons in my FSU dynasty on NCAA 2007.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:25 AM   #13
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

QOTD: I think I went 4+ seasons undefeated in NCAA Football 06. I'm pretty sure I remember having a class that never lost in their four years on that game.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 03-12-2008, 09:57 AM   #14
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Tuesday Morning Other Stuff (3-12-08)

"When going to the gym, I really don't need to hear you grunt and scream at the top of your lungs trying to lift an enormous amount of weight, that you really shouldn't be lifting, in perfectly atrocious back bending/squirming form. Can you get a spot? Oh no, how about I drop an elbow on you."

HAHAHAHA oh man I love people with horrible gym etiquette...acutally I'm lying...I loathe those people.

The worst people at my gym are the trainers and their clients. Since when does your water bottle need an entire bench? Can't you just bend down and pick it up off the floor?

QOTD: I honestly have no clue. I can't recall myself having a very dominant team so I'd say it can't be that long of a streak. Maybe 15 with UNC in Choops? I can't even remember the last time I won a championship in any game haha.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:07 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Wow, I didn't know APF was benched. I just was reading the threads yesterday about it being confirmed.

I didn't really care about last years version ( I loved 2K5 though ) oh well... Not having College Hoops hurts too.

Longest winning streak, hmmm... not sure I went a few seasons in NCAA (don't know which version, 04 I believe) undefeated with Baylor.

Nothing is really up with me. Got RB6 Vegas 2 and GTA paid off yesterday and I am looking forward to same time off from work next week.

Happy Birthday Clay!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2008, 10:37 AM   #16
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm just waiting for Vegas, I leave a week from today but I'm taking Monday and Tuesday off due to St. Pat's. One day for party one day for recovery and possibly looking for work on Tuesday depending on how I feel.

Longest winning steak was on Guitar Hero 2 the first time I played it, on easy, didn't fail until Lynard Skynard because it felt like my hand was going to fall off, that's like 30 in a row, right?

Kid Rock, "I'm the catalyst for everything."

Tumblred

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »