Home

NCAA Football 09: More of the Same?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09: More of the Same? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2008, 04:41 PM   #9
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NCAA Football 09: More of the Same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco4434
The crap EA sells??? MLB 2K8 is not crap??? I dont understand how EA gets hammered year in and year out but @K throws out garbage and people dont say a thing
People don't say a thing? You obviously haven't read much of the MLB 2K8 forum or the NHL 2k8 forum. 2k gets roughed up when they deserve it.

Does 2k get a little bit more of a break than EA does? Well yeah probably. But that is because they are the underdogs. They don't have near the resources or time in the Marketplace that EA does. So people are a little more foregiving. But to say that "people don't say a thing" is simply inaccurate.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #10
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53
I will wait until the game comes out to make my judgement...just as I have for the past 2 years.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:37 PM   #11
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
Why is the article entitled "NCAA Football 09: More of the Same?" when it's all about the upcoming changes and potential improvements to the series for 09?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Because this is just another bell to help dilute the smell of the crap EA sells.
I think you're being a bit harsh here.

I read the title of the article to mean more of a guarded optimism about the next title in their football series.

Maybe I'm a glass is half full kind of guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2008, 05:42 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
I think you're being a bit harsh here.

I read the title of the article to mean more of a guarded optimism about the next title in their football series.

Maybe I'm a glass is half full kind of guy.
I don't think I am being harsh here, this is a replay of the past few years. EA will fail to actually focus on improving game play but come up with some feature to pander to a 13 year old. I completely agree with the assessment from the Waiver Wire this week about this feature, it could destroy online play and there are plenty more glaring issues that needed to be addressed.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:51 PM   #13
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

Quote:
I don't think I am being harsh here, this is a replay of the past few years. EA will fail to actually focus on improving game play but come up with some feature to pander to a 13 year old. I completely agree with the assessment from the Waiver Wire this week about this feature, it could destroy online play and there are plenty more glaring issues that needed to be addressed.
Actually, I was referring more towards your response as to the title of the article.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:53 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
Actually, I was referring more towards your response as to the title of the article.
I was actually referencing the feature the article discussed, the topic of the article was perfect.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:19 PM   #15
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

Quote:
I was actually referencing the feature the article discussed, the topic of the article was perfect.
Ah, your post was confusing because of the way it read and the fact you quoted the other response.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2008, 06:30 PM   #16
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Boo. The title had the makings of a great article.

Sadly, it didn't tip-toe the sidelines but rather mind-numbingly juked the topic at hand. Everyone is concerned we will get a rehash of NCAA '08. Where is that next-gen innovation? We know it can be done.

Instead, the focus is on how the new direction has the potential to make this series a great one.

Completely mis-leading article heading, IMO.
I guess a more of the same followed by OR blah blah could have made it a bit more clear.

Anywho, yea I think everyone is concerned about the innovation or lack thereof but you should know how early EA press works, and I think it would be unfair to put forth some sort of scathing editorial this early in the process about doom and gloom/fear about '09. EA gets out some of the easiest features to pimp -- in this case a chance to tout a new animation system and the new right-stick controls (I whined about how I'm tired of right stick "innovations" on the podcast this week I think) but yea once again I see your point somewhat. This article I think serves the purpose of just getting the gears back in-motion, get people back talking about the game -- as well as being a tie-in to the first bits of information...And now we go from here. Once we get hands-on time is really when it becomes fair to start being more critical of the product, at least in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »