Home

Sparty The Spartan From Michigan State University Selected as NCAA Football 09 Cover Mascot For The Wii

This is a discussion on Sparty The Spartan From Michigan State University Selected as NCAA Football 09 Cover Mascot For The Wii within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2008, 08:38 PM   #9
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Sparty The Spartan From Michigan State University Selected as NCAA Football 09 Co

I don't understand. The polls closed last Friday and the updated standings showed Washington State the winner with Michigan St. 4th overall behind UCF and another school.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:44 PM   #10
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Sparty The Spartan From Michigan State University Selected as NCAA Football 09 Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadiplomat04
Its important to note that their will be 1-A and 1-AA teams in the Wii version. I'll bet that 1-AA teams will be in the PS3 and Xbox 360 verison as well.....so to all you people who were saying "Im not buying the game if 1-AA teams aren't in it" it's looking like your going to have to pull out your wallet's this year.
The Wii is going to use the previous gen's engine. That's why it'll have 1-AA, while 360 and PS3 probably will not.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 03-18-2008, 09:55 PM   #11
cdj
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks625
Definitely looking forward to it, but the cover art itself is horrible. You would think the artists at EA would come up with something better. It looks like someone threw it together at the last minute.
That cover art is not the final version. It's just something the online staff put together for the Mascot Challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
I don't understand. The polls closed last Friday and the updated standings showed Washington State the winner with Michigan St. 4th overall behind UCF and another school.
Those results were from Monday. Despite stating they were 'Current Standings', they were not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2008, 11:55 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 18

I hope the Wii version is really important to the NCAA team and have top notch development. They need to talk to the team that worked on Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 Wii and get some tips and ideas. Peace.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:00 AM   #13
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

That cover looks horrendous...
Old 03-19-2008, 09:06 AM   #14
Rookie

Gamecocks625's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjacobs
That cover art is not the final version. It's just something the online staff put together for the Mascot Challenge.
Are you sure? I really hope you are right, as I was expecting more from EA in that area.

Anyways, can't wait to give the ol' Wii version a spin!
Old 03-19-2008, 11:50 AM   #15
Run After Catch

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks625
Are you sure? I really hope you are right, as I was expecting more from EA in that area.

Anyways, can't wait to give the ol' Wii version a spin!

I can confirm that this isn't the final cover. Because voting ended Friday and we announced just a few days later, we devised an interim cover while the final pack art is being created. When we have the final art, we'll post it on the web site and send it through to the community sites as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 25
PS3 and 360 will not have 1-AA. Its in the Wii because its was built upon the PS2/Xbox version of the game. So you will be playing that version with the new Wii features. Thats all. If they were going to put 1-AA in the 360/PS3 version, I believe they would have already announced something before saying they are in the Wii version. Also I've said it a number of times, the guy who did the artwork for Texas St. was told flat out by an EA employee that 1-AA would not be on current gen consoles this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »