Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 Patch Update

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 Patch Update within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2008, 11:17 PM   #17
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 Patch Update

So basically they're going to ignore the online lag issue indefinitely? If so, I hope that's the next issue they patch.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:18 PM   #18
Rookie

idesign2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
Yes I would like an answer to this. I have seen one steal in 20+ games so far attempted from the CPU. This is also with the sliders adjusted.
I have seen the CPU attempt as many suicide squeeze plays (two) on me as they have regular stolen base attempts (also two). For the record, both stolen base attempts were unsuccessful, but both suicide squeezes were successful.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:20 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL
They are going to fix the framerate issue for the 360 but not for the PS3?

I have the PS3 version and that is very disappointing that they will not be fixing the framerate for it... Does that mean the PS3 version will not be equal to the 360 version even though Brinkman insisted it would?

Why all of a sudden can the framerate for the 360 be fixed when they had over a year to get it right in time for shipping?
Old 03-24-2008, 11:23 PM   #20
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansaint
what about us without XBox live capabilities (us still stuck with Dialup?) Anyway to help us out? THe only thing I am concerned about his the Padres fix. The framerate thing I am not too concerned about.
If you don't know anybody with live (you could just take your machine to) there IS a way to get on live with dial-up.
It won't be fast enough to play games obviously,but you would still get the benefits of d-loading patches.

http://hankfiles.pcvsconsole.com/answer.php?file=540

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5h3EC8-VeY
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 03-24-2008, 11:55 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 32
It's sad that almost all of 2K's games require this type of activity post release. It's almost becoming par for the course. I will say however, EA has been in the same boat and if there is any silver lining here, 2K seems to get the aptches out sooner than later....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2008, 12:12 AM   #22
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
So basically they're going to ignore the online lag issue indefinitely? If so, I hope that's the next issue they patch.
Well...in another mod post on the 2k forum, they state the online lag issue is related to the framerate...basically saying when they fix the framerate, the lag online will get better...

I'm not sure I believe that however....the pitcher/batter interface doesn't lag, it's the fielding. I'm going to be REALLY disappointed if the online doesn't clear up.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:29 AM   #23
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

In all due respect WHY?! are they NOT improving the framerate of the PS3 version? WHY?! they need to be scolded for NOT even considering the PS3 user. Its a utter travesty. Pay 63 for a inferior game? And then not have the possibilty of it being updated in the future like it's other multi platform offerings?
Old 03-25-2008, 01:01 AM   #24
MVP

funky_chicken's Arena

OVR: 37

I think the big question is will 2K Sports be fixing the framerate issues for the PS3 also? Is it just me or have they really not said one way or the other? They have not out and flat out said they will not be fixing the PS3 framerate issues but they also never said they are going to either. If you could get a definitive answer on this it would be greatly appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »