Home

2K Sports Announces Major League Baseball® 2K8 Opening Day Xbox LIVE® Weekend

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Announces Major League Baseball® 2K8 Opening Day Xbox LIVE® Weekend within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
2K Sports Announces Major League Baseball® 2K8 Opening Day Xbox LIVE® Weekend

2K Sports Announces Major League Baseball® 2K8
Opening Day Xbox LIVE® Weekend

Fans compete against the game’s developers to win
exclusive prizes April 4-6

March 25, 2008 - 2K Sports announced today a special Opening Day Xbox LIVE® Weekend for Major League Baseball 2K8. Beginning April 4, 2008, fans of all ages will be able to participate in a number of exciting activities online including a 72-hour Play & Win Sweepstakes. Every hour, gamers who register and play can win special prize packages such as exclusive 2K Sports t-shirts, hats, Microsoft points, and other prizes.

Before fans step up to the plate, they will have the opportunity to practice their swings with a free game demo of Major League Baseball 2K8 available for download through Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. The free game demo will allow players to practice their skills at Boston’s legendary Fenway Park by playing three full innings as either the Colorado Rockies or Boston Red Sox.

To kick off Major League Baseball 2K8 Opening Day Xbox LIVE Weekend, fans will have the unique opportunity to compete online against the developers of Major League Baseball® 2K8 on Friday, April 4 from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. EDT. Be on the lookout for the following development team Gamertags:

Gamertag Name
MLB2K8Robert Robert, Senior Producer
MLB2K8Jon Jon, Associate Producer
MLB2K8Dan Dan, Designer
MLB2K8Joe Joe, Production Assistant

More details on registering for Major League Baseball® 2K8 Opening Day Xbox LIVE Weekend, and information regarding terms, conditions, and official rules will be available on March 26, 2008 through the official event page: www.xbox.com/openingday. Open registration will begin when the site goes live and will end at 11:59pm (EDT) on April 6, 2008. Xbox LIVE Gold members can also register for the weekend by downloading the free “Major League Baseball 2K8 Play & Win Registration” gamer picture from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

As the most fun and exciting baseball experience on the market, Major League Baseball 2K8 revolutionizes player control in the latest installment of the popular franchise with brand-new pitching, fielding and baserunning, as well as a completely overhauled batting interface. To bring fans closer to the action than ever before, Major League Baseball 2K8 also features authentic Major League and Minor League™ stadiums that have been redesigned for accuracy, complete with the details and specific architecture of each ballpark and city. Other in-game features include a wholly unique trading card system to reward special achievements, robust Minor League system including 90 playable teams, all-new Signature Style™ animations complete with home run celebrations and unique player walk-ups, and much more.

A part of every Xbox 360 game, Xbox LIVE is the first and only unified online entertainment network seamlessly integrated throughout the entire console experience, making it easy for you to find the friends, games and entertainment you want from the moment you power on your Xbox 360 system. The Xbox LIVE network connects you with more than 10 million members across 26 countries to enjoy hundreds of retail and arcade multiplayer games, free playable game demos, TV shows, movies, music videos and movie trailers, as well as new game levels, characters and vehicles for all your favorite retail games.

Major League Baseball 2K8, rated E for Everyone by the ESRB, is now available in retail stores for Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, and Wii™ home video game system.
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2008, 09:59 AM   #2
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 2K Sports Announces Major League Baseball® 2K8 Opening Day Xbox LIVE® Weekend

Hmmmm, what an embarrasment it would be if during this weekend of competition the online lag is still present while playing. The developers playing the fans in a complete lag fest...........OUCH!!!!

PSN: hoos4974
Old 03-25-2008, 12:16 PM   #3
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2K Sports Announces Major League Baseball® 2K8 Opening Day Xbox LIVE® Weekend

i was thinking if i ever played a developer its like the only time i would "cheese" i would do everything possible to exploit the game so maybe they would take note and make the game better next year. The I thought well in all actuallity id prob cheese fest the crap out of them and then instead of taking note of all the crap i was doing they would prob leave the game and say "damn, that guy was good" lol
Old 03-25-2008, 01:22 PM   #4
Rookie

StatMan79's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm going to go ahead and read between the lines here and say that we're going to see a patch before April 4th.

I can't imagine 2K doing something like this and not having it come off as close to without a hitch as possible.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:35 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

I'm not so sure the patch is addressing the online probelms...if not, man its gonna be hilarious when all online matches with developers are a 0-0 draw because no one got a hit because no one could swing a bat with the lag so bad....

in a good way this could get online fixed hopefully. and add custom sliders online!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2008, 01:37 PM   #6
Rookie

StatMan79's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
I'm not so sure the patch is addressing the online probelms...if not, man its gonna be hilarious when all online matches with developers are a 0-0 draw because no one got a hit because no one could swing a bat with the lag so bad....

in a good way this could get online fixed hopefully. and add custom sliders online!!!!
That's the thing, the framerate issues are what is messing with the online issues. Clear up one it should clear up the other. If there are other online issues, I'm sure they'll be found out in testing of the patch.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:08 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatMan79
I can't imagine 2K doing something like this and not having it come off as close to without a hitch as possible.
I'm not sure why you're having trouble imagining that given the epic fail of this release in general.

I wonder how they're going to treat the multiple in-game freezes during this business.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:15 PM   #8
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg

Yeah, if nothing less maybe a complete bomb out of online performance during this event will open their eyes and get us some results.

PSN: hoos4974

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »