Home

EA Announces Madden NFL 09 Ship Date and Special Collector’s Edition

This is a discussion on EA Announces Madden NFL 09 Ship Date and Special Collector’s Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2008, 02:26 PM   #9
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: (PR) EA Announces Madden NFL 09 Official Ship Date and Special Collector’s Editio

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
lol...yeah.......
Why the laughter? From what we've seen so far the revamped NFLHC shows tremendous promise, imo. I was leaning towards getting it anyway, now EA is telling us we can get it for only $30.00?

Sold.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #10
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Re: (PR) EA Announces Madden NFL 09 Official Ship Date and Special Collector’s Editio

Exclusive classic Madden Gameplay?

What does this mean, like adding in old madden games into 09? Or maybe ps2/xbox with new rosters??
Old 03-27-2008, 02:41 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Why the laughter? From what we've seen so far the revamped NFLHC shows tremendous promise, imo. I was leaning towards getting it anyway, now EA is telling us we can get it for only $30.00?

Sold.
Yeah thats good money right there!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2008, 02:42 PM   #12
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Exclusive classic Madden Gameplay?

What does this mean, like adding in old madden games into 09? Or maybe ps2/xbox with new rosters??
If it's like the last collector's edition (M '05) there will likely be genesis and/or ps1 versions included.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:44 PM   #13
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Cool,, I'll be pre-order this weekend..
Old 03-27-2008, 02:44 PM   #14
EA Game Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
If it's like the last collector's edition (M '05) there will likely be genesis and/or ps1 versions included.
Oh alright, I guess thats cool.

I have a great feeling from Madden this year..EA knows how to go big for anniversaries. And I can definitely see our presentation worries being solved if they add ESPN presentation.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

So instead of just adding in a playbook editor that people have been asking to be included in the game for the last 5 years, they make it part of NFL Head Coach and essentially charge you $30 to edit playbooks? Should I assume that this means that EA will put no effort into redesigning the playbooks themselves again this year?

Watching people design all these money plays with the playbook editor that the AI can't possibly keep up with will be tons of fun. The AI can't handle the standard plays in Madden properly now, let alone when people start making their own. Yeah cheese!!

What about the Owner mode funtions of the franchise? Are those basically going to be removed and moved into the Head Coach game? If I want to manage my team, will I have to have the Collectors Edition?

For $90 the game better be fantastic on the field and have way better presentation than ever before. Already sounds like they are working on other stuff (coach integration) that doesn't really effect gameplay.

Classic Madden would be cool if it actually had classic rosters. Old Madden games with current rosters is wack. I'd rather just play the originals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #16
EA Game Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
So instead of just adding in a playbook editor that people have been asking to be included in the game for the last 5 years, they make it part of NFL Head Coach and essentially charge you $30 to edit playbooks? Should I assume that this means that EA will put no effort into redesigning the playbooks themselves again this year?

Watching people design all these money plays with the playbook editor that the AI can't possibly keep up with will be tons of fun. The AI can't handle the standard plays in Madden properly now, let alone when people start making their own. Yeah cheese!!

What about the Owner mode funtions of the franchise? Are those basically going to be removed and moved into the Head Coach game? If I want to manage my team, will I have to have the Collectors Edition?

For $90 the game better be fantastic on the field and have way better presentation than ever before. Already sounds like they are working on other stuff (coach integration) that doesn't really effect gameplay.

Classic Madden would be cool if it actually had classic rosters. Old Madden games with current rosters is wack. I'd rather just play the originals.
How about you look up some of the games features, it has a right to be a stand alone game..and EA just did us a favor

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »