Home

NCAA Football 09: Reason to Hope

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09: Reason to Hope within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2008, 12:32 AM   #9
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 09: Reason to Hope

March: Reason to Hope...

Come July, Reason to Patch?
Old 03-29-2008, 09:15 AM   #10
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
NCAA Football 09's release is coming up in July. Operation Sports Patrick Williams looks at what we can expect in his latest article.
three years into next gen and they are finally going to use the power of the next-gen?????

the richest game developer? the most resources and facilities?

smaller groups of developers for all sorts of game styles have shown us the power of next gen, sports and non-sports!!!

are you kidding me? does anyone get more free passes than Tiburon? they have problems inherent year after year and each year the hype gets more insulting.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #11
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26
If the overall gameplay does not change. Then it will continue to be a disapointment. They need to make the animations more smooth. 07 and 08 felt really stiff
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2008, 10:46 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 27

I read on our sister site Maddenmania, that the PS3 version of NCAA 09 is a confirmed 60fps.

Now they just need create-a-school and I'm in.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:46 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Where's the substance? I thought I'd at least get to read about the new juke system - which has already been shown in extremely early form. Instead nothing more than a pointless hype article? Don't be so transparent OS
I agree. I don't understand why a site like OS, that is supposed to be a neutral sports videogame news site, writes crap like this. Leave the BS hype garbage to EA.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:17 AM   #14
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

EA just needs to dump tiburon in my opinion. They've never taken Madden or NCAA to its full potential. They just don't seem talented enough to work on a big game like Madden/NCAA. Let them work on the arcade football. Or at least make the teams bigger between each game(NCAA/Madden).

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 03-29-2008 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:00 PM   #15
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

One thing I'd like to add, is to be able to cut players off your roster to start the offseason. They then show up to transfer to another school and they remain in the game. Sometimes you have guys that you know you can't keep, so why not allow them to transfer.

Separate JUCO pool for recruiting. Also, have schools like K-State, that signs several each year, be able to acquire them easier since they have a past. I guess it would be a JUCO Pipeline.

Better position and depth chart management by the CPU. I'm in year 2017 and Florida has like 9 or 10 QB's but doesn't even have a two-deep on the OL. Balance out the teams better. This is screwed up like the Madden draft, where the CPU will draft a QB four years in a row and they have obvious needs.

Say you're recruiting QB's. You have two committed, but the one you want the most is still out there. Well, no QB in his right mind wants to be in a 3 QB class, so he drops your school from consideration. This would be cool to see to help balance out rosters as well.

Make it harder for the WAC teams and non-BCS schools to sign 4 and 5* players. Powerhouse teams like LSU don't recruit their homestates well in my Dynasty. They also end up signing less top-rated recruits than normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2008, 06:01 PM   #16
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
EA just needs to dump tiburon in my opinion. They've never taken Madden or NCAA to its full potential. They just don't seem talented enough to work on a big game like Madden/NCAA. Let them work on the arcade football. Or at least make the teams bigger between each game(NCAA/Madden).
I couldn't agree more about dumping Tiburon. If there isn't anyone any better, I'd be shocked if some rich genius kid doesn't start up a company and blow their doors off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »