Home

NCAA Football 09: Reason to Hope

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09: Reason to Hope within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2008, 07:31 PM   #17
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: NCAA Football 09: Reason to Hope

Thus far, I am liking what I am hearing. Come on July 15th

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
EA just needs to dump tiburon in my opinion. They've never taken Madden or NCAA to its full potential. They just don't seem talented enough to work on a big game like Madden/NCAA.
I agree.

I have been saying this for about 3 years now. I was really expecting big things on the NextGen Consoles.

Between that 10 year old gameplay engine that they are using and the lack of basic football strategic fundamentals..... it has become painfully obvious that Tiburon as a team and a developer does not have the talent OR ability to even remotely create a simulation style football title.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:42 PM   #19
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
There will still be tons of players who rush out and get this day one as well as Madden. I wish I could say I won't be one of them but I know I'll get NCAA day one. Madden I;ll be renting first for the first time ever but I did enjoy NCAA last year.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:44 PM   #20
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
I agree.

I have been saying this for about 3 years now. I was really expecting big things on the NextGen Consoles.

Between that 10 year old gameplay engine that they are using and the lack of basic football strategic fundamentals..... it has become painfully obvious that Tiburon as a team and a developer does not have the talent OR ability to even remotely create a simulation style football title.
Co-sign
Old 03-31-2008, 02:40 AM   #21
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

As someone mentioned earlier...its pretty damm frustrating seeing minuscule improvements from year to year with these games....and its even more fffing frustrating when you know EA is big enough and powerful enough to get the job done yet, choose not to, to save themselves $$$$.....

and to top it all off these Next-Gen games have been going backwards really in just about every area besides graphics.

There's so much crap they need to have in 09 from just the past iterations let alone new innovative ideas, for me to have "hope" in that this franchise isn't anything more then a yearly half-hearted cash cow to them.

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 03-31-2008 at 02:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2008, 02:27 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 18
Unhappy Re: NCAA Football 09: Reason to Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Co-sign
Co-sign, the developers at tiburon need to tattoo a tear drop down there eyes for murdering both football games.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:31 PM   #23
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Co-sign, the developers at tiburon need to tattoo a tear drop down there eyes for murdering both football games.
...LOL
Old 03-31-2008, 03:02 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 12
Its a yearly cycle thats coming around again. Each year a few members hype the hell out of NCAA..then they rush out a buy it a week early from somewhere...then the entire boards are foaming at the mouths reading about how spectacular the game is....then the rest of the peanut gallery get the game.

Needless to say, when the peanut gallery has the game and its major problems seem to have gone un-noticed by the hype crew here, they are labled trolls and told they are EA bashers or something.

Same game as last years no doubt, save maybe 1 new feature that probably doesnt work. Menus will lag so bad they are virtually unused, DBs and LBs will still have the leaps of superman, Qbs will still not throw the deep ball, create a play will abuse the AI like we have never witnessed before, there will be no alternate jerseys, and we will still have the same commentary that we have had for the last 8 years or so...

Yet the game will be recieved like the second coming of Jesus for the first 2-3 weeks....everyone will rush out and buy it....only to realize its the same ole as 08

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »