Home

Play Ball... A Little Bit Better

This is a discussion on Play Ball... A Little Bit Better within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2008, 12:27 AM   #1
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48
Play Ball... A Little Bit Better

Shawn Drotar over at 5W-G has posted a article called Play Ball... A Little Bit Better.

Quote:
"While this isn’t an issue that comes up often, players sometimes hesitate with their throws, especially on 1-6-3 and 3-6-3 double plays. Real players understand that they have to get the ball out quickly with runners on base, but too often in The Show, players will take time to get set instead, turning a sure out into an infield hit."
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Play Ball... A Little Bit Better

Thanks, nice little article covering up what we've talked about here
Old 04-01-2008, 04:55 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 32
Godd article - and very valid points. Especially concerning the delay in throw animations. These can sometimes kill the game - Hopefully, next year SCEA can add addtional animations etc. to remedy this among other major/minor issues.....
Old 04-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #4
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubTrey1
Godd article - and very valid points. Especially concerning the delay in throw animations. These can sometimes kill the game - Hopefully, next year SCEA can add addtional animations etc. to remedy this among other major/minor issues.....
Man, those delays during throws can be EXTREMELY annoying, and have cost me more than a few runs. Perhaps the patch can tighten this up a little bit? A man can hope.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 04-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Being a 1B in RTTS, I can guarantee a 1-6-3 DP will result in the the batter being safe 95% of the time, which is about 60% too much. When Bengie Molina runs out a 1-6-3 and is safe at 1st, something is definitely not kosher.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 03:22 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1
I understand what everyone is talking about. However, I have learned to deal with / prevent delayed throws through constant playing and experimenting. The key is pre-loading every throw. As a 1B in RTTS, you need to be pre-loading the throw to 2nd, before the ball gets to you. This goes for exhibition modes as well. Even before the ball gets to any player, if you are preloading the throw to the next base, I have found that the game chooses the correct and quickest animation, and allows for realistic double plays. In fact, I've turned a few triple plays (online) in the past few weeks.

Remember to pre-load. Those goes for your real life as well. Always be ready for your next move, before it happens!
Old 07-31-2008, 08:48 AM   #7
Rookie

Marculo's Arena

OVR: 3

And you get EVERY out? If so, I think you're full of ......! j/k Perhaps you misspoke?

The problem is animation based not control based. If that were the issue the devs wouldn't be in here agreeing with everyone and vowing to correct the problem.

God, I WISH that was the problem!

Ryan Howard, Jim Thome, Paul Konerko, and many, many more would gladly agree that their legging out singles in The Show is really true but in reality even they know it ain't happening!

LMAO!!
Old 07-31-2008, 09:32 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 19

Great article!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »