Home

NHL 08: Online Gaming and You

This is a discussion on NHL 08: Online Gaming and You within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 08: Online Gaming and You

For those of you still playing NHL 08 as the Playoffs near, Patrick Williams has written an article about online gaming just for you.

Quote:
"Well we are getting close to playoff time here in the NHL, and the race is heating up like those spring temperatures. Also in full swing is NHL 2008 and its online gaming community after the trading deadline roster update. Today we are here to discuss some do’s and don’ts for having a great experience online."

Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2008, 02:35 PM   #2
MVP

Jonesey's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NHL 08: Online Gaming and You

A few things I disagree on. I edit my lines before every game I play online. Not because I load up my star players on every line, but because the EA lines SUCK. For example, JP Dumont is on the Predators first line with Arnott and Radulov, not on the 3rd line.

Also, when I pause the game right at the start, it's because I want to change my camera view, not because I can't win going down but because it's more comfortable to have my team going one direction the whole game.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:08 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 31

That's not really an article....its more of a rant. Some of it has merit....Ive played almost 500 games online....i quit 10 percent of the time....not because i can't take a beating....if your beating me straight I take the beat down fine.....but usually its the guys who score 5 goals on 6 shots.....im out shooting you 20 6 after 1 period yet im down 5 zip....hmm someone likes the cheese....

As for the pause i do it very game to have it so Im always going up. Just much easier to play that way and also its a good thing as I could care less if Im the home or away....the change view is one of the best online equalizer features in the game.

Im no superstar either...im 250-190-35 or something around there...I mix up my teams and well do what i do...i pretty much don't play anyone that goes straight to Ottawa or Pittsburgh....theyare b-tch teams and it just screams glitch goals will be coming your way.

With the update finally out there Ive gone back to playing this game online after almost a months hiatus...I enjoy being Phoenix now and Edmonton is a fun team, still love my Wild but for the most part I just mix it up and play a straight hard forechecking, lots of passing, work the PP and ice on the PK style that i find fun for me.

Its a great game this year but like always put up a leaderbaord and ret-rds act a fool to do anything to get their precious wins....

ZZZ...
Old 03-28-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

good article. most online people are idiots.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yes, as far as pausing right when the game loads I would say 95% of the time people are changing their camera view so they can always go up, which is completely understandable.
NFL- Lions
NBA -Pistons
ECHL - Toledo Walleyes
NCAA- Toledo Rockets
AAA - Toledo Mud Hens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2008, 06:00 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgalv
good article. most online people are idiots.
I'll semi agree....its not really an article more of a rant or editorial piece.

Sure most are idiots....most have no clues how to play games fairly and fun without trying to get their precious wins.

My quit percentage has spiked to 11% as it seems some people still love to glitch goal with the inside out wrist shot. ZZZ!
Old 03-31-2008, 08:10 AM   #7
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Based on the article, I am glad I never played you!
Old 04-03-2008, 05:35 PM   #8
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

there so many room for improvement in this game, specially online.

1. it takes a long time to change your player during intermission.... instead of pushing the trigger button 1at a time to change screen, why not just press it once and it speed it up.

2. instead of haveing 15-30 second pause every intermission, minimize it to 10 secs or less.

3. develop an AI (goalie) that would only allow 2-3 goals of what we consider "cheesy" (top corners anyone?) after that make it impossible to score on that cheesy shots.

4. REMEDY the "invicible" puck, gosh, how many times my opponent scores when you cant touch the puck.

5. if you like playing online with a specific team, why not be able to adjust your lines PRIOR to getting a game online?

etc etc etc

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »