Home

NCAA Football 09 Thoughts on the Features: Pasta Padre

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Thoughts on the Features: Pasta Padre within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2008, 01:11 PM   #9
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 09 Thoughts on the Features: Pasta Padre

My 9 yr old son thinks its stupid....
Old 04-04-2008, 01:24 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Mascot teams actually take up minuscule memory if I remember right. There is only one roster that is drawn from for the teams (all 99s) and everything else is already in the game (animations, mascot models, etc.) so it's really a feature that doesn't require much effort to implement but has a touch of desirability for a few at least.

Either way, look for a first look at NCAA Football 09 from OS later today guys
Even if they take up limited memory, I can't believe it doesn't take time that could be better used elsewhere during development?
Old 04-04-2008, 01:25 PM   #11
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm just waiting on a create-a-school announcement.

My Video Game Streams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2008, 03:02 PM   #12
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Even if they take up limited memory, I can't believe it doesn't take time that could be better used elsewhere during development?
Well...memory and time in development...at least here. I remember a guy from EA telling me it took them less than half a day to put the mascot teams in the game and it only took a few minor tweaks afterwards to make sure it was right. I personally don't use them and probably never will, so I'm definitely not in favor of having them in at the expense of create-a-school if it was a choice, but I really don't think they're even on the same level in terms of incorporating them into the game
Old 04-04-2008, 03:03 PM   #13
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
I'm just waiting on a create-a-school announcement.
I'm waiting on that announcement too (doubt we're getting it this year) AS LONG AS it is completely revamped and much better than it was in the last generation. It was almost the same thing from the first year they incorporated it almost a decade earlier. If it's the same old thing, I'd just rather they not do it and spend the extra day or two focusing on other more important things.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 9
Mascot games are about as valuable as including a "design a pothole" feature on racing games or "tea party" mode on a fighting game. The two demographics that would enjoy this mode: young kids and dragon-ball z watching japana-fruit enthuisiasts; aren't the core group of gamers footing the bill for a college football sim: That's the truth, accept it all you politically correct "Every one is special and gets a trophy" apologists! Back to what really matters, I am not so naive that I don't understand the marketing for profit concept of "Add enough new or previously ommitted features to spark consumer interest in thois years product, but keep enough out to make the customer demand and crave more to justify spending $60 every year for a product that will be incrementally better than its predecessor and thus constitute a 'new' product and continue the profit by supply (game features) and demand (gamer wishlists)." Now that I'm done sounding like a crusty economics professor, just make the game and moves play fast, make all the transitions fluid and smooth, and don't omit basic features like alternate uniforms and stadiums. That makes everone happy that the basic bases are covered for the gamers, and vast room for added features and innovative growth of the series to spark the marketing of sales for the company in future years.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:40 PM   #15
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by janglar
Mascot games are about as valuable as including a "design a pothole" feature on racing games or "tea party" mode on a fighting game. The two demographics that would enjoy this mode: young kids and dragon-ball z watching japana-fruit enthuisiasts; aren't the core group of gamers footing the bill for a college football sim: That's the truth, accept it all you politically correct "Every one is special and gets a trophy" apologists!
Lol! Nice post man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2008, 04:11 PM   #16
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Mascot games are about as valuable as including a "design a pothole" feature on racing games or "tea party" mode on a fighting game. The two demographics that would enjoy this mode: young kids and dragon-ball z watching japana-fruit enthuisiasts; aren't the core group of gamers footing the bill for a college football sim: That's the truth, accept it all you politically correct "Every one is special and gets a trophy" apologists!

That was like listening to Rush Limbaugh:I disagree with almost every word of it, but damned if I didn't laugh out loud all the same. Well done.

Quote:
Back to what really matters, I am not so naive that I don't understand the marketing for profit concept of "Add enough new or previously ommitted features to spark consumer interest in thois years product, but keep enough out to make the customer demand and crave more to justify spending $60 every year for a product that will be incrementally better than its predecessor and thus constitute a 'new' product and continue the profit by supply (game features) and demand (gamer wishlists)." Now that I'm done sounding like a crusty economics professor, just make the game and moves play fast, make all the transitions fluid and smooth, and don't omit basic features like alternate uniforms and stadiums. That makes everone happy that the basic bases are covered for the gamers, and vast room for added features and innovative growth of the series to spark the marketing of sales for the company in future years.
Can't argue with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »