Home

Don King Presents: Prizefighter First Look: IGN

This is a discussion on Don King Presents: Prizefighter First Look: IGN within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2008, 09:21 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Don King Presents: Prizefighter First Look: IGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
They dropped the ball with the career mode. If i can't pick who i want to fight, then i'd rather just keep playing fight night round 3. Im telling you man i need to be a producer for 2k.. seriously.
"Keep playing FN Round 3" is not an option for me.The career mode sucked and after several online fights I just got burned out on the game. This review means absolutely nothing , because there is no hands on with the game.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:33 PM   #10
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
"Keep playing FN Round 3" is not an option for me.The career mode sucked and after several online fights I just got burned out on the game. This review means absolutely nothing , because there is no hands on with the game.
i know but a linear career mode is horrible. FN3 is crap but it at least isn't linear. I only said that cuz im upset. im definitely Gameflying this but wtf yo!!
Old 04-16-2008, 01:44 PM   #11
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

This will be a rental, we all knew something was going to go wrong with it. Especially when they put Don King's name on it.

Way to go 2ksports we wait years for you to get into the boxing game. And you pick Don ripoff King to promote it, and then give it a linear story mode. And a crap load of generic boxers! Why not legends like Ali and things like that. I mean come on!

By the way, love the graphic details, not sure about the movement, have to see in gameplay first.

(RENTAL) Not a purchase, unless I catch some disappointed kat trading it in at Lamestop for $15 to $20 I'll get it from him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2008, 02:34 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

I still wonder how in the hell the career modes in these boxing games have regressed since FN: Round 2. All these idiots had to do was expand on that career mode in that game. Instead both games FN: Round 3 and Prizefighter have completely missed the point of what a boxing sim's career mode should be.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:45 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

COME ON EVERYBODY-PREMATURE!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 03:05 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
COME ON EVERYBODY-PREMATURE!!!!!!
You call me a pessimist, I call myself a realist. The writing's on the wall that they blew it. Like they above poster said, all they had to do is expand on Fight Night Round 2's career mode and we'd be set. They had multiple weight classes with 50+ boxers per class. All we needed was 100+ boxers per class and multiple belt s per division. Should have been easy enough with the Xbox 360's processor. I also like how in Fight Night round 2, your created boxers would get sprinkled into the rankings, so I was fighting a ton of real boxers on my way up the charts.

I wanted multiple boxers in the stable. Multiple careers going at the same time, so me and a buddy could possibly cross paths, and a ton of boxers. Looks like this will fail on all counts. I'm disappointed to say the least.

They could have just followed they same model as victorious boxers: boxers road and we'd all be happy. But No......you have to follow some linear story that will kill the replay value.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:00 PM   #15
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
You call me a pessimist, I call myself a realist. The writing's on the wall that they blew it. Like they above poster said, all they had to do is expand on Fight Night Round 2's career mode and we'd be set. They had multiple weight classes with 50+ boxers per class. All we needed was 100+ boxers per class and multiple belt s per division. Should have been easy enough with the Xbox 360's processor. I also like how in Fight Night round 2, your created boxers would get sprinkled into the rankings, so I was fighting a ton of real boxers on my way up the charts.

I wanted multiple boxers in the stable. Multiple careers going at the same time, so me and a buddy could possibly cross paths, and a ton of boxers. Looks like this will fail on all counts. I'm disappointed to say the least.

They could have just followed they same model as victorious boxers: boxers road and we'd all be happy. But No......you have to follow some linear story that will kill the replay value.
Huge ****ing co-sign on that. although i don't remember round 2's career mode that much. What was wrong with it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Huge ****ing co-sign on that. although i don't remember round 2's career mode that much. What was wrong with it?
THE main problem with the career mode in round 2 was that there really wasn't a huge penalty to losing. And because the rounds were 3 full minutes even the heavyweights would throw 100+ punches per round and everything ended in Knockout. What I did love about it though was that you could create boxers and they would appear in the rankings. So my Middleweight division, I was fighting against the current roster as well as Ring Magazine's other top 10 boxers that I created.

I would love a boxing game where Ko's were relatively tough and many fights ended in a decision and you could control multiple boxers so me and a buddy could each control a fighter and try to move up the rankings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »