Home

Don King Presents: Prizefighter Preview: Eurogamer

This is a discussion on Don King Presents: Prizefighter Preview: Eurogamer within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2008, 11:00 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Don King Presents: Prizefighter Preview: Eurogamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This has gone from must buy to rental in a hurry. I'm not a big career mode guy but that lose and game over stuff is just dumb. Just an idiotic way to construct a career mode. Also, I'm starting to get the feeling that you can only create 5 fighters. I know you can only take 5 online but I havent seen any mention of creating fighters and that makes me think that you may be limited to 5.

This is getting real bad, real quick. All they had to do was go into the Fight Night Forums and read how much we wanted a career mode with rankings, a stable of boxers, etc. Instead, they make Ken Norton's punchout 2008. 2k sports wonders why they are dying. Its because EA sports opens the door and they fumble the ball away.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 24

Its a shame that the best boxing career mode resides on a handheld and is made in japan.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:38 PM   #11
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Ah well. Another game aimed at kids half my age. Why won't these companies just mimic the sport. Boxing fans like boxing. A game designed to replicate the sport will be fun to those fans. No need to add or subract from the sport.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2008, 12:50 PM   #12
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

this is ridiculous!

this is like if Call of Duty 4 comes out and if a bullet misses its target then game over. wtf???

boxers are supposed to lose.... eventually. Only one man ever retired undefeated, boxing is one of the most unpredictable sports. Yet 2k believes we want to be told how we win or lose and when to do it.

How about game over for 2k boxing. this game is going to flop HARD.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:04 PM   #13
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

This game is "trash" after reading this s***

"The game is also fast - very fast, if the bouts we saw are anything to judge by. While acknowledging that Fight Night Round 3 is the main competition - and arguably the benchmark for the boxing genre - 2K Sports has chosen to go entirely the other direction. The game still looks great, but seems to have sacrificed detail for speed, with a control system that owes more to Street Fighter (albeit with simpler combos)"
Old 04-17-2008, 01:14 PM   #14
Pro

Chibi's Arena

OVR: 11

That sounds as awful as THQ's wrestling games. How do you miss the mark so badly?
Old 04-17-2008, 01:21 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
This game is "trash" after reading this s***

"The game is also fast - very fast, if the bouts we saw are anything to judge by. While acknowledging that Fight Night Round 3 is the main competition - and arguably the benchmark for the boxing genre - 2K Sports has chosen to go entirely the other direction. The game still looks great, but seems to have sacrificed detail for speed, with a control system that owes more to Street Fighter (albeit with simpler combos)"
Absolutely everything about this game is starting to crumble. I had to check my calendar and make sure this wasn't April Fools day.

The sad thing is that I felt this game wouldn't really appeal to the mainstream from the getgo. Now they have removed alot of sim elements. Exactly what audience are they going to target this game to?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2008, 02:04 PM   #16
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

i knew having these 'rocky legends' dev's would eventually end in disaster. I now think that they don't WANT to make a good game,...they want to make a crappy game and tease us that it could have been good.

i'm no longer following this, may rent it, if the demo is compelling enough to warrant further play.

what a colossal phail.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »