Home

Madden 09 Cover Athlete: Brett Favre

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Cover Athlete: Brett Favre within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #9
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Brett Favre 09 Cover Boy!

Highlight of his career:

Old 04-24-2008, 04:37 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

Huh??? I find that totally baffling. The Madden cover usually ties into the new big feature of the game in some way. What is the new feature this year?? Retirement mode?? Ability to throw into triple coverage for INTs?

How does having a player that doesn’t do a lot of press, doesn’t go to parties, doesn’t play video games, and ISN’T CURRENTLY PLAYING IN THE NFL help promote your game in anyway?

Why not just slap Madden on the cover for the 20th edition? That makes 100x more sense than this.

EA is more clueless than ever. Sounds to me like they signed a deal with Farve already and then he retired and they are too lazy or unable to back out of it.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:38 PM   #11
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

Can't think of a better way to fix slumping sales then to pick one of the most popular athletes of all time. Surprised Favre agreed to it though. Too bad, I wasn't going to get madden this year but now i have too. Love the choice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2008, 04:39 PM   #12
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
Huh??? I find that totally baffling. The Madden cover usually ties into the new big feature of the game in some way. What is the new feature this year?? Retirement mode?? Ability to throw into triple coverage for INTs?

How does having a player that doesn’t do a lot of press, doesn’t go to parties, doesn’t play video games, and ISN’T CURRENTLY PLAYING IN THE NFL help promote your game in anyway?

Why not just slap Madden on the cover for the 20th edition? That makes 100x more sense than this.

EA is more clueless than ever. Sounds to me like they signed a deal with Farve already and then he retired and they are too lazy or unable to back out of it.
Because everyone and their mom knows who Favre is...
Xbox-Shugarooo
Twitch.tv/Shugarooo
Old 04-24-2008, 04:40 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree, I don't think its clueless at all. Love the choice.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:48 PM   #14
All Star

OVR: 21

I like the idea of going with an unconventional choice, just not sure that Farve was the right person to pick. Seems like it would've been more appropriate to have Madden himself on the cover; perhaps speak more to getting away from EA's trend for going with the hot athlete at the time. Doesn't make a huge difference one way or the other I guess

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-24-2008, 04:48 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Because everyone and their mom knows who Favre is...
What does that matter??? What other NFL football game would Mom or whoever purchase?

Almost everyone has heard of Madden in the wame context. He has been around longer in football and on TV than Favre.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2008, 04:59 PM   #16
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37
Thumbs up Re: Brett Favre 09 Cover Boy!

Hmmm.... prone to mistakes, past his prime, over-rated, and gushed over by the media. Yep, perfect choice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »