Home

UFC 2009 Roster Wishlist: IGN

This is a discussion on UFC 2009 Roster Wishlist: IGN within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2008, 12:04 AM   #1
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48
UFC 2009 Roster Wishlist: IGN

IGN has posted a roster wishlist for UFC 2009.

Quote:
"With five weight divisions and a realistic limit of around 40-50 fighters in the game, we'll split the difference and peg 45 fighters we'd like to see appear, nine in each weight class."
Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2008, 01:08 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
wow that list has a lot of holes. Kendall Grove was a TUF winner and they have Ed Herman going in infront of him? LOL , and than real bad logic when deciding rankings

"Liddell's defeat to Jardine means he has to be rated below him"

LOL

However they dont factor in Jardines the 4th ranked fighter knockout over Forrest the 3rd ranked Fighter they have and even mentioned this

"but Griffin was dominated by Keith Jardine"

, and Tito the last ranked fighter when he has beaten Forrest and foguht Rashad to a draw on a questionable decision, or the fact Houston Alexander knocked out Jardine and isnt even in the game, yet because Jardine beat Lidell by decision he is ranked higher than him? Possibly one of the greatest lHW Champions in MMA history...Right... If you are going to base your rankings on stupid logic like that then the game is going to be avg at best. They even have Randy Couture slated to be in the game on there wishlist when he does not even fight for the UFC anymore, hell may as well toss Fedor in there too.

Sites like IGN and Gamespot need to cover sports more there speed and stop pretending to know what goes on in the Mixed martial Arts world. Hell they probably don't even know what a sprawl his, certainly not a whizzer
Old 05-01-2008, 03:14 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: UFC 2009 Roster Wishlist: IGN

Neither Grove or Herman has any business being in a game with so few fighters. Thales Leites, Nate Quarry, or Jason MacDonald would all be better choices.

They also have Werdum rated WAY worse than a guy he has beaten twice now in Gonzaga.

I really hope they can squeeze a few more fighters than that into the game though and I hope they dont waste too many spots on the HW division.

Last edited by sven; 05-01-2008 at 03:28 AM.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:14 AM   #4

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Too bad they dont have a way to include not just current fighters but fighters who were previously in the UFC. Damn that would be a hell of a game, Couture could be in there, Frank Shamrock, Ken Shamrock, Vitor Belfort, Tim Sylvia, Dan Severn, Josh Barnett etc, this list could go on and on. Who wouldnt want to throw older guys like Royce Gracie in his prime against BJ Penn or GSP, I know weight classes might be different but its a game and as such I would love to conduct exhibition matches between guys like this.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:00 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 18

Only way I'd really want that is if they already had all the current fighters I want in the game and I can easily come up with 15 guys in each division(except HW) off the top of my head that I'd want to see in the game. But hey you wouldnt hear me complain if they decided to go with 80-90 fighters in the game.

Last edited by sven; 05-01-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2008, 04:38 PM   #6

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven
Only way I'd really want that is if they already had all the current fighters I want in the game and I can easily come up with 15 guys in each division(except HW) off the top of my head that I'd want to see in the game. But hey you wouldnt hear me complain if they decided to go with 80-90 fighters in the game.

Definently, Im not saying in place of, Im saying in addition to more then anything. I might be the only one interested in it, but I think it would be sweet. In the end they need to focus more on the in ring fighting, especially the grappling, because if they mess that up then the game wont be worth anything no matter how many fighters they have in it.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:45 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven
Neither Grove or Herman has any business being in a game with so few fighters. Thales Leites, Nate Quarry, or Jason MacDonald would all be better choices.

They also have Werdum rated WAY worse than a guy he has beaten twice now in Gonzaga.

I really hope they can squeeze a few more fighters than that into the game though and I hope they dont waste too many spots on the HW division.
You have to consider showmanship as well as viability. groves was a TUF winner and I will agree with his recent losses he took quite a hit, but he is an impressive MW, and a character. Just like Pelligrino in the LW division. Jason Mcdonald is nothing special, he is bland, boring, and does not really bring a fan base. Grove by winning TUF has a huge fan base, has an exciting style, granted a cpl of bad losses, but he is definitely more marketable in a Game than Macdonald. Herman has no business being in the game. Werdum has terrible stand up, and he should be rated accordingly. I agree they are overrating Gonzaga only because he has the one quality win over Cro Cop.

Also I know for a fact Joe Lauzon will be in the game he has been at the Development offices and images captured for the game. It owuld be a shame if they left out Pelligrino though as he is a tough guy, a colorful character, and a good fighter, even with his recent loss to Nate Diaz.

Also the way they are conducting there rankings is ********. You have to take there overall resume into account not just 1 on 1 matches. For example, While Rampage has beaten Chuck, Chuck has beaten Silva, and Silva has dominated Rampage. So there is no fair way to rate based on 1 to 1 matchups. You have to take there overall career into account
Old 05-02-2008, 01:47 AM   #8
MVP

kweiss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
Too bad they dont have a way to include not just current fighters but fighters who were previously in the UFC. Damn that would be a hell of a game, Couture could be in there, Frank Shamrock, Ken Shamrock, Vitor Belfort, Tim Sylvia, Dan Severn, Josh Barnett etc, this list could go on and on. Who wouldnt want to throw older guys like Royce Gracie in his prime against BJ Penn or GSP, I know weight classes might be different but its a game and as such I would love to conduct exhibition matches between guys like this.
Supposedly, they can. When this game was first announced they claimed they would be able to use anyone ever under contract with the UFC.

I remember the old UFC games using Frank Shamrock even after he had parted ways. And if Frank didn't sue then you know he couldn't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »