Home

NCAA Football 09 Hands-On Preview: IGN

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Hands-On Preview: IGN within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2008, 01:35 PM   #9
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: New NCAA Football 2009 Hands On!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan

"Oh dear Lord!"

Seriously, if that quote doesn't make plain the vast gulf between the sports gamers mindset and that of the folks over at IGN, nothing will.
That's a little nitpicky, don't you think? It's obvious they were simply showing that you can use any song in any (of the listed) situations. It's not like they said, "We put Kanye in for when we score a touchdown! He's is teh great and his music really has a tight connection with football!" They were simply stating that you can put anything in there. Hell, they could have said "Want to hear a Wiggles song when you score a touchdown? Done."
Old 05-02-2008, 10:57 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA Football 09 Hands-On Preview: IGN

Ignore the haters. That vid showed nice developments in presentation, especially in delivering the college atmosphere.........just what the haters have been demanding and now they still pi$$ed. Typical. They've completely fixed the horrid sideline models (another demand satisfied). The game is also running smooth at 60fps on both systems (another demand satisfied). Throw in the online dynasty and NCAA-specific animations and it's shaping up to be a great year for NCAA. The haters are just mad that this is looking like a great year for next gen football and that it's coming from EA.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:13 PM   #11
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
They've completely fixed the horrid sideline models (another demand satisfied).
What have they done to the horrid sidelines? I still see the same zombies just more of them.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2008, 09:13 AM   #12
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

The comments about QB composure have me worried. In years past, EA tends to implement something, and overdo it, hurting the overall experience. For example:

Home field advantage! Sounded great, but bad composure led to ridiculous dropped passes and QB not being able to hit the broad side of a barn in '05.

Jump the snap! Instead of this controlling one guy, it made your entire defensive line annhilate the O-line on some plays.

Momentum! Too overdone. A team with full momentum could just plug down the field 5 yards at a time because the momentum team's o-line was unstoppable.

I loved the idea behind every one of these features, but they were totally overdone. They need to make these changes more subtle.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:21 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: New NCAA Football 2009 Hands On!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
09 looks really fast in the videos.
Definitely looks fast and the game could finally be tight for the 360. I wish there was a hands on preview for the Wii version of this game. That is the one that I am most interested in.

I assume the Wii version won't have the stadium detail or the player models of the 360 version. But it could end up being a deeper game if they tweak the previous old-gen game engines and mix in tight Wii control...
Old 05-03-2008, 10:01 AM   #14
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Ignore the haters. That vid showed nice developments in presentation, especially in delivering the college atmosphere.........just what the haters have been demanding and now they still pi$$ed. Typical. They've completely fixed the horrid sideline models (another demand satisfied). The game is also running smooth at 60fps on both systems (another demand satisfied). Throw in the online dynasty and NCAA-specific animations and it's shaping up to be a great year for NCAA. The haters are just mad that this is looking like a great year for next gen football and that it's coming from EA.
Give me a break with this man. What has EA done in the last few years for us to be optimistic? College football is by far my favorite sport and I'll be buying this game on day 1 if not sooner, but throwing out the deserved criticism to EA doesn't make everyone a *****.

They're selling us on the better "college atmosphere?" Is it because of the better sidelines or maybe because we can celebrate with the mascot, oh wait, I can add my favorite indie rock track to the game when OSU scores a TD? I'm sorry, but are these producers absolutely braindead?! Please tell me how that equates to better presentation.

I just watched the Alabama/Auburn game, and based on that I'm somewhat optimistic about the gameplay, however you could have heard a pin drop in that stadium! It's ALA/AUB people!!! Add dynamic crowd reactions, team entrances, more sounds from the band, pre game shows, pre season review of the Top 25 by Herbstreit/Nessler/Corso.

Does that make more sense or does it make me a *****?

Last edited by therizing02; 05-03-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:06 PM   #15
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

Looks nice so far..hopefully the actual gameplay is good after the final installment....i think the lighting does great improvements.

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2008, 08:58 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Stan...Stan...Stan...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »