Home

NCAA Football 09 Video Clips: GameSpot

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Video Clips: GameSpot within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2008, 01:03 PM   #9
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: gamespot have posted 7 new game play videos

the QB animations do seem improved

color me pretty impressed for each video except 7... RB is too fast and angle are too poor still
Old 05-02-2008, 01:21 PM   #10
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
Isn't Auburn Alabama supposed to be a pretty big deal? The atmosphere there made it seem like an insignificant WAC game.
I'm kind of excited about the game. The crowd has hardly ever been where it needs to be, except for top places to play. Most SEC games are off the charts as far as decibals go. Same with Autzen, the Big House, and the Horseshoe. I'm an SEC man and I think we have the best/loudest fans from top to bottom of the conference, but I'm not oblivious to the fact that all other schools' stadium atmospheres are seriously misrepresented. Any time you have an in-state rivalry game in the SEC, you shouldn't be able to hear when the clock's running.

The game seems ok. The intro's still suck, hard. That's not a big deal, I guess.

Once again, I've seen different sock lengths on Bama's players. Sage said he's seen this before on the early looks, so hopefully this will be a new year for this.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:24 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
I feel worse about this game with every new video.
I don't get some of you guys the game looks and moves better than 08 but yet you still hate...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2008, 01:25 PM   #12
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
Thanks for posting the vids. I appreciate you making it easy for some of us.

These videos remind me a little of 2006. I remember someone on the old MM board coining the phrase, "Chase the Rabbit" due to the breakaway runs. Sometimes they can be too common, but it is good to see the offense rewarded for the defense making the wrong call. I liked the running game on '08, kind of, for realistic purposes, but there was that lag or hesitation that caused you to get none to a minimal gain. I think this will be alright.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:37 PM   #13
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Positives from the video

It moves smoother than last years game new animations look nice
The DEs got up the feuild forcing a pocket on pass plays
The CPU offense recognized that the overloaded one side and and brought the TE over to help block
The overall use of motion by the PC looks like it will add to the presnap chess match against the PC
The addition of Formation Subs is a thing of beauty

Negatives
Player interaction between multiple players still sucks
In game its better but even with the DEs getting up feild the offensive tackles arent interacting with them like they should.. There is still too much engaged blocking. What I mean by that alot of times as a OLineman you cant really get a good block on a defender but you try and in between him and the ball guiding his prusuit wider than he would like that is still missing or it seems to be from these videos

The player interaction after the play still is horrible... They have added new animations but players act as if they are in a vaccum Teammates celebrating solo standing right next to one another player seems odd... no high fives slaps on the helmet even between teammate or two opponents... You have a guy celebrating all in front of another player even running into another player or close proximty to another player and there is no reaction or interaction it just seems unreal.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:38 PM   #14
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

From the latest NCAA 09 vids, I slowed down each and looked at the pocket (or lack of!). Maybe I'm spoiled by other games versions of the passing pocket.

Huge pocket with huge gaps. 71 is just standing there looking dumb.

Left guard finds out there is a lb/de free on the right side and goes behind all his linemen comrades to block said guy. Turns his back to the defense.

#71, LT, goes around the LG to the right to stand there looking like an idiot.

70 and 71 stand there with the arms up like t-rexes. This animation has been in the game since Joey Harrington was on the cover.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 05-02-2008, 01:43 PM   #15
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns
From the latest NCAA 09 vids, I slowed down each and looked at the pocket (or lack of!). Maybe I'm spoiled by other games versions of the passing pocket.

Huge pocket with huge gaps. 71 is just standing there looking dumb.

Left guard finds out there is a lb/de free on the right side and goes behind all his linemen comrades to block said guy. Turns his back to the defense.

#71, LT, goes around the LG to the right to stand there looking like an idiot.

70 and 71 stand there with the arms up like t-rexes. This animation has been in the game since Joey Harrington was on the cover.
From what it looked like, the defense called was usually a cover 2 or cover 3. I guess maybe that was bama calling it though. Did Auburn use aggressive blitzes from the 4-3. It doesnt' look like it from those pics. That's where I want to see a pocket as well. Not just kamikaze blitzing with no interaction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2008, 01:51 PM   #16
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.a.sick
Naysayers be damned, this game looks good!
Graphics arent the problem...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »