Home

Some Ideas to Consider for Online Dynasties

This is a discussion on Some Ideas to Consider for Online Dynasties within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2008, 06:34 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Some Ideas to Consider for Online Dynasties

As several people continue to plan their online dynasties with friends from OS, Operation Sports has been hard at work putting together some tips that could help many potential league commissioners succeed in their endeavors. Check out Bryan Clark's latest article on some ideas to consider for online dynasties.

Quote:
"With the advent of online dynasties in NCAA 2009, prospective leagues have a few decisions to make about how to structure their leagues. These decisions include which conference(s) to use, how the team selection process will work, and what the general aim of the league will be."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2008, 07:18 PM   #2
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
I can't wait to get started with this. It will probably be a few weeks after release day before I get involved due to having rosters and getting a feel for the game. I want to purchase the game but I'm trying to be more patient.

Just suggestions I've been thinking about if I were to set rules:

2-3 games and recruiting per week (7 days week) should be easy to accomplish unless you're married with children and all.

It's hard for me to play with anyone other than my team, Ole Miss. That's challenging enough. I started a dynasty with La. Tech the other day and it's fun, but way more challenging.

I definitely wouldn't want cheezing. That sucks. PERIOD. Don't be a cheeser. I don't have a problem with someone wanting to win the Heisman, but keep it real(istic).

Would anyone set recruiting limits? The lesser prestige, the lesser 5* recruits?

Qtr length. I play 9 minutes qtrs on Heisman. 10 min. qtrs wouldn't be out of the question.

It would be cool to set a limit with how many players you can sign. Say you lose 15 to graduation and 3 for various other reasons, then you'd only be able to sign 18. That or set a rule where you can only oversign by 3 and cut 3 current players after recruiting. Just ideas. I don't like signing 25 and cutting 7 of them, or cutting 7 current players. I think it waters down the game.

These are just some things I do on occasion. Any ideas to make the dynasty better? Please reply.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Some Ideas to Consider for Online Dynasties

The one thing I would really like to be able to do is when two user created teams are playing each other make it possible for the other dynasty users to login and watch them play.

I would think this should be able to be done, but wonder if it will be.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:14 AM   #4
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Here's how I'm pretty sure I'm gonna commish my league:

***I'll advance the week on Wednesday and Saturday nights at some predetermined time, probably 11:00 or so, unless someone is in the middle of playing their game at that time (in which case I won't be an ***). Two games a week, probably 13 games per season, plus a solid week for recruiting out-of-season, means about a real-world eight week season. I should probably be able to get through three or four seasons for sure; hopefully the game will be good enough for people to want to stick around longer.

If I were to advance on Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday, plus a one-week recruiting period, the season would last about six weeks, meaning I could probably get through four for sure with the same guys. I'll have to think about it.

***Me and my buddies are gonna run a Big 10 Dynasty. Meaning 11 of us, all of us with a different Big 10 team. There will be no 12th members, there will be no members outside of the Big 10. I'm not sure why you'd want there to be. Even in this system, only eight of your potential 13 games are against human opponents.

***As far as cheesing goes, we'll run on the honor system - Don't do anything you wouldn't want done against you. If someone feels their opponent is cheating, they should film the game after that point and present the evidence later. If six owners in the league deem it cheese, then it is. Democracy rules. The cheese penalty could be anything from a forced loss the next week to not allowing the owner to recruit to just a warning.

***Because we are all in the same conference and will basically all be fighting for the same recruits, I won't set any limits as far as that goes. I want to see who wins the 5* Texan when humans Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and Wisconsin (and maybe Indiana too) are all going for him.

***I'll probably set the quarters to 8 minutes, maybe 7. Longer games inflate offense stats too much. It will also be on All-American if that presents any type of challenge - if not, Heisman.

***Choice of school is going to be a major issue as well, so this is how I'm going to resolve it. Every owner "applying" for the league is going to turn in their top five choices of schools, in order, to me. Then I'll go by order of submission to determine who gets what team. The last one or two people might not get any team on their list. I'll do what I can to make sure everyone gets a team on their list. I'll probably end up taking the leftovers... or maybe I'll just grab the team I want first
Old 05-04-2008, 11:46 AM   #5
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Here's how I'm pretty sure I'm gonna commish my league:

***I'll advance the week on Wednesday and Saturday nights at some predetermined time, probably 11:00 or so, unless someone is in the middle of playing their game at that time (in which case I won't be an ***). Two games a week, probably 13 games per season, plus a solid week for recruiting out-of-season, means about a real-world eight week season. I should probably be able to get through three or four seasons for sure; hopefully the game will be good enough for people to want to stick around longer.

If I were to advance on Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday, plus a one-week recruiting period, the season would last about six weeks, meaning I could probably get through four for sure with the same guys. I'll have to think about it.

***Me and my buddies are gonna run a Big 10 Dynasty. Meaning 11 of us, all of us with a different Big 10 team. There will be no 12th members, there will be no members outside of the Big 10. I'm not sure why you'd want there to be. Even in this system, only eight of your potential 13 games are against human opponents.

***As far as cheesing goes, we'll run on the honor system - Don't do anything you wouldn't want done against you. If someone feels their opponent is cheating, they should film the game after that point and present the evidence later. If six owners in the league deem it cheese, then it is. Democracy rules. The cheese penalty could be anything from a forced loss the next week to not allowing the owner to recruit to just a warning.

***Because we are all in the same conference and will basically all be fighting for the same recruits, I won't set any limits as far as that goes. I want to see who wins the 5* Texan when humans Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and Wisconsin (and maybe Indiana too) are all going for him.

***I'll probably set the quarters to 8 minutes, maybe 7. Longer games inflate offense stats too much. It will also be on All-American if that presents any type of challenge - if not, Heisman.

***Choice of school is going to be a major issue as well, so this is how I'm going to resolve it. Every owner "applying" for the league is going to turn in their top five choices of schools, in order, to me. Then I'll go by order of submission to determine who gets what team. The last one or two people might not get any team on their list. I'll do what I can to make sure everyone gets a team on their list. I'll probably end up taking the leftovers... or maybe I'll just grab the team I want first
Sounds pretty good.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »