Home

OperationSports.com Waiver Wire Podcast (5/4)

This is a discussion on OperationSports.com Waiver Wire Podcast (5/4) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2008, 03:43 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 32
Re: OperationSports.com Waiver Wire Podcast (5/4)

To be fair, we talked about Brown to Charlotte on last week's show.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:12 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 62

Great job as always.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:02 PM   #11
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
To be fair, we talked about Brown to Charlotte on last week's show.
True, I was just kidding w/ you guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2008, 12:14 AM   #12
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

"You know a lot of people look at that mustache and think something else involving children"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:33 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

In all fairness, I disagree with your take on ESPN NFL 2K5. It was pound-for-pound the best console sports game of all time. I am not a 2K fanboy, nor an EA fanboy, but I am fanboy for realistic sports games. This game had it all, the gameplay, the presentation (which is still second to none), weekly highlights, I could go on and on. The bar was set very high because of this game and because of it many gamers on next-gen systems are still not satisfied with the "next-gen" offerings. Anyway sorry for the rant, but I am a bit disappointed you guys chalk this up to a "cult following." Other than that, it was a great show again. Keep up the good work
Old 05-06-2008, 08:46 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
No soccer bashing? What's up?
Haha, nahh, never came up this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I am listening now. I always listen at work. Helps my day go by.
Glad to have you as one of our regular listeners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
That's because football wasn't mentioned.

We need Dave back on the podcast next week, maybe then we can get some decent football talk. UEFA Euro 2008 comes out on the 19th, talk about it.

Nice work guys, I really enjoyed this podcast.
We'll find...someone...to talk soccer gaming with before the 19th, don't worry. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Hey TJ count me as a regular listener as well. Just finished this week's (5/4) podcast. TJ, bro - how did you not mention Larry Brown becoming the new Charlotte Bobcats Head Coach? C'mon, give the local team a shoutout. Brown is an NBA HOFer and even has his roots at UNC!! Our guy Chris Paul (Wake Forest baby) needs some more love too, lol.

Great show this week guys, can't wait till we get some more NCAA news to digest!
Thanks a lot. Like Z said, we talked about Larry Brown to the Cats last week. I'm always afraid to spend too much time talking about my favorite sports teams...because I realize most people don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Great job as always.
Thank you, sir! Now that you're a lawyer, we don't get charged your normal rate for the time it takes you to listen, do we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic
"You know a lot of people look at that mustache and think something else involving children"

LOL, yeah, that was good. I finally got Z to come out of his shell and be his usual smartass self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRETCHARUSS
In all fairness, I disagree with your take on ESPN NFL 2K5. It was pound-for-pound the best console sports game of all time. I am not a 2K fanboy, nor an EA fanboy, but I am fanboy for realistic sports games. This game had it all, the gameplay, the presentation (which is still second to none), weekly highlights, I could go on and on. The bar was set very high because of this game and because of it many gamers on next-gen systems are still not satisfied with the "next-gen" offerings. Anyway sorry for the rant, but I am a bit disappointed you guys chalk this up to a "cult following." Other than that, it was a great show again. Keep up the good work
Thanks for the note. We'll address your comments on next week's show. I really have to disagree with you though, reason being that I'm friends with a lot of casual gamers and hardly any of them even remember that there was another NFL game other than Madden. That game might've meant a lot to you and other 2K fans, but in the grand scheme of things, many casual sports gamers never even played it.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:00 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Thank you, sir! Now that you're a lawyer, we don't get charged your normal rate for the time it takes you to listen, do we?
That's a pretty good idea actually, I can bill it as compliance work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2008, 09:56 AM   #16
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
That's because football wasn't mentioned.

We need Dave back on the podcast next week, maybe then we can get some decent football talk. UEFA Euro 2008 comes out on the 19th, talk about it.

Nice work guys, I really enjoyed this podcast.
Ah! My fans speak! YES!

i'm hoping to be on this weekend. I coach baseball in the spring and we had a Noon game on Sunday (which ended up getting washed out), so I wasn't able to attend.

But not really a lot more Euro to talk about until we get our hands on the game. We did discuss the demo a few podcasts ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »