Home

NCAA Football 09 Video Interview and Official Movie 2: GameSpot

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Video Interview and Official Movie 2: GameSpot within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2008, 02:24 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: new gamespot interview video and official movie 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
It's not a "pocket" problem. It's a blocking mechanic problem. Yes, there is a curved formation in front of the QB, but the DEs are still stuck to the OTs. It looks like a pocket, but I don't think this is what most have in mind.

2 things I'd like to see: 1. A system where the blocker & defender don't always engage. They need a way for blocks to be successful without the defender getting stuck to the blocker. Sometimes a successful block is simply sealing a defender off. Blockers shouldn't be able to stop defenders from moving laterally without holding.

2. The engaged blocks need some mobility. When players are engaged, they need to be able to flow towards the play. This is another way a block can be successful without nulifiying the defender completely, or pancaking him. The blocker should be able to ride the defender beyond the play.

With this "pocket" we see in the vids, QBs can still moonwalk out of the pocket because these 2 things are not in the game. It doesn't matter that the DE/OT get depth if they're still stuck to eachother. The DEs need to be able to move freely, except through the OT. Add some hand fighting.

I did see one promising clip where an Auburn DE was touched by an OT but didn't engage. But I think it was because of a well timed swim move. But it looked perfect.
There is a way to stop that moonwalking easy use dbl outside LB blitz!!! Yes i know we should not have to do it but it can be stopped very simple... As for a gaming being sim well it's kind of hard to my someone play sim just look at allpro2k8 some of the online ppl do the same thing dropping back going to the side line all i can say is thank god for friend list on the 360!!
Old 05-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #18
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

At first glance I was thinking that after all these years of mostly playing ncaa that i was goin to switch to madden. One of the main reasons being 32 players in a league instead of 12(ncaa). But the amount of work they have put into their online dynasty is amazing hoping i can jus find sum str8 players.

I love playing people who like the scramble like they do on all these vids, because its so easy to stop jus takes smart D-calls and slight adjustments. The people who do this rarely feel comfortable in the pocket and they have to adjust their O beacuse their passing angles will be completly off. EASY WIN online. Ncaa is starting to remind me of that someone you love, yea she has flaws that piss you off so much you want to choke her, but at the end of the day you're still for her.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #19
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

online dynasty is turning out to be a beast.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:12 PM   #20
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Asid from being able to leave the pocket at will, it doesn't look half bad. I like the spacing and player proportions this year. I can already see some slider adjustments I need to make though.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 05-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #21
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
It's not a "pocket" problem. It's a blocking mechanic problem. Yes, there is a curved formation in front of the QB, but the DEs are still stuck to the OTs. It looks like a pocket, but I don't think this is what most have in mind.

2 things I'd like to see: 1. A system where the blocker & defender don't always engage. They need a way for blocks to be successful without the defender getting stuck to the blocker. Sometimes a successful block is simply sealing a defender off. Blockers shouldn't be able to stop defenders from moving laterally without holding.

2. The engaged blocks need some mobility. When players are engaged, they need to be able to flow towards the play. This is another way a block can be successful without nulifiying the defender completely, or pancaking him. The blocker should be able to ride the defender beyond the play.

With this "pocket" we see in the vids, QBs can still moonwalk out of the pocket because these 2 things are not in the game. It doesn't matter that the DE/OT get depth if they're still stuck to eachother. The DEs need to be able to move freely, except through the OT. Add some hand fighting.

I did see one promising clip where an Auburn DE was touched by an OT but didn't engage. But I think it was because of a well timed swim move. But it looked perfect.
NO doubt on all points but this is what we get. I hope the sliders like break block will at least make it more bearable. EA has yet another year to work on OL/DL play but from what I've seen its not happening this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2008, 03:23 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 18

At 1 minute and 19 seconds it shows a user controlling Oklahoma on the online dynasty screen and the game against FCS Southeast the user won 90-7. I mean I don't if that means anything, but it makes me nervous.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:29 PM   #23
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

The gameplay looks really good IMO...REALLY good. Fluid, fast, nice animation flow. The player models look phenomenal.

I'm pretty pumped. Especially after knowing I can upload my Auburn Marching Band CD and FINALLY...FINALLY have the Auburn Fight Song in the game, along with fully customizable online dynasty.

With folks who play realistically, this game is looking REALLY good. I'm more excited now than I was before.

On a side note..it's nice to see so many vids with Auburn in them.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:

Beautifully said. I would add a third thing- interior linemen who are not engaged need to help out their teammates rather than standing around doing nothing. All of the OL/DL interactions are 1-on-1, when in reality teams make sure they have enough blockers to double-team at least one if not two of the defenders. Never happens in EA games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »