Home

Madden NFL 09 Updated Impressions: GameSpot

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 Updated Impressions: GameSpot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2008, 11:05 PM   #17
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Gamespot Madden preview

If they can truly develop a system that adjusts the game and makes it challenging for everyone, that could possibly be the best offline feature added since franchise mode. Keeping the game competitive against CPU AI is my #1 concern when playing Madden, I'm constantly adjusting settings etc so I don't go 16-0 every year.

Unfortunately a lot of these media sites simply regurgitate EA PR speak and jump to conclusions before they even try stuff out first hand. To say it will do this and will do that is premature - what EA say a feature will do and what it actually does are often two different things.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:13 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
[*]Manual Catch Fixed: Issues stemming from the introduction of the "spectacular catch" in Madden 08 and its impact on manual catching have been fixed. Expect the manual catch to return to its Madden 07 form.[/list]
That's so EA...break something one year then come back the next year and fix what they broke...then sell it as a new feature. Classic. Makes me wonder whose making the decisions over there:

I can see the decision makers huddling around asking themselves..."should we implament some sort of pocket passing? Maybe fix the sticky blocking? Fix the goofy tackling annimations? Fix the in game freezing? Nah...let's change the pass catch annimations, call it "spectacular catch" and sell that off as a new feature.....but won't that break manual catching? Who cares, we have to change something..." I can hear it now.

One step forward, two steps back...same story different year.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:20 AM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
looks good but can someone explain to me why they keep the same ****ing tackling animations..they are horrible!!!
Bad decision makers...the things they choose to work on, tweak, and change boggles the mind. It's so funny, they'd get way more traction, much favorable reviews, and happier customers if they fixed the little things like tackle annimations but they won't do it.

I'm starting to think the whole engine needs to be retooled to make those kinds of on the field interactions more genuine and they don't want to invest in a complete overhaul...they'll add a couple stupid bells and whistles, patch last years gameplay and shove it out the door like they have been doing for years. With no competition, they can pretty much do what they want, put the NFL logo on the cover and watch it fly off the shelves...kind of sad really.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:27 AM   #20
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

none of this matters to me if you can still do a 20-25 yard drop back and throw a cross-field touchdown bomb with anything other than a rare, once in a lifetime play.

also, lol at rewinding
Old 05-09-2008, 12:33 AM   #21
Banned

[quote=allBthere;2038346867]none of this matters to me if you can still do a 20-25 yard drop back and throw a cross-field touchdown bomb...QUOTE]

...while sprinting backwards with your eyes closed and three defenders in your face and have the pass be right on the money!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2008, 10:06 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscrebel
I'm happy about that too but even more happy about this:

"Revamped Sim Engine: The simulation engine in Madden 09 has been reworked to produce more-realistic results in franchise mode. Gone are the days of multiple 2,000-yard rushers in a single season, and simulation score results will more accurately mimic scores in the NFL."
They say this every single year. Every single year, the sim engine sucks. Maybe this means they actually fixed it so simmed CPU INTs don't count 2 for 1 anymore.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:08 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 09 Updated Impressions: GameSpot

who knows what they were thinking with the whole rewinding thing, i don't see how its gonna help casual gamers out, sets a bad example of making it OK to just throwaway a few plays a game, most times a good game comes down to mistakes and turnovers as the difference

Currently Playing
Fight Night Rd. 4 (360)
UFC Undisputed (360)
FIFA 09 (360)
MLB: The Show 09 (PS3)
Old 05-09-2008, 11:28 AM   #24
Rookie

Kodos's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 09 Updated Impressions: GameSpot

Yep. Rewind is beyond stupid. Yay! I just made a big play. Now my opponent can rewind it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »