Home

Madden NFL 09 Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 09 Preview

We have just posted our Madden NFL 09 preview. Although I didn't get any hands on time with the game, there is some good information here.

Quote:
"Ah yes, Madden, the game I was most eager to get my eyes on at EA Sports Vancouver. So no time for intros or idle chit-chat, because this is Madden you guys know the history, so I won’t bore you with those details.

Upon arriving for the Madden festivities Phil Frazier (Senior Producer) and Dale Jackson (Executive Producer) greeted everyone as they walked into the room. The first thing they talked about was the new "Virtual Trainer" mode, where you can play up to 12 different modes in a holographic environment. These modes included the likes of running, passing, rush defense and pass defense drills, and there are three drills within each category to sharpen your Madden skills. Behind the scenes, as you are playing these modes -- and games in general -- there is a system that studies your abilities as a Madden gamer; which leads us to the new Madden IQ."

Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 09 Preview

Great article. Disappointed to see that Gamespot is wrong and that In-Game Saves aren't confirmed yet. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:02 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18
The emulator to play older versions with updated rosters sounds cool. I would love to play 05' with updated rosters. Info sounds good as usual, but we need the real thing. EA is great at getting us excited.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:07 AM   #4
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
This is a good read Steve.

Glad to hear they are paying attention to animations. They could use quite a bit of work to make them look smoother during transisitions. I find it odd that we didn't see too many new animations in that Gametrailer vid though.

It is disappointing to know that their won't be an accelerated clock this year. Hopefully, if the presentation is anything similar to 2K5's, the instant replays and stat overlays prior to the snap can kill some of the excess play clock.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:13 AM   #5
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

Steve,

Do you happen to know if they've added multiple playable camera angles this year ?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2008, 11:16 AM   #6
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

hmmm, half time show. how was that like and is there a post game show?

thanks for the article steve.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #7
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Thanks Steve!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:42 AM   #8
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12
No custom music, hmmm... That sucks!

And I wonder what the deal is going to be with in-game saves. Did they say that they were working to get that put in by the next build?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »