Home

Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2008, 12:06 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves

There has been an onslaught of previews popping up across the Net following the EA Sports press event in Vancouver last week. At the event most of EA Sports’ big hitters for this year were shown, none bigger than the behemoth that is Madden NFL 09. However, the Madden media fallout has led to a few inconsistencies in the various previews which now need to be cleared up. Operation Sports recently contacted EA Sports to hopefully clear up some of the confusion, and today Madden NFL Executive Producer Dale Jackson responded to the request.

Following the event some outlets wrote that in-game saves would be in the game this year, but Jackson said that the team was not able to include in-game saves this year.

Quote:
"We won't have in game saves this year. We hear the feedback, but we are focusing our remaining time on bug fixing, tuning, and polishing the game in the short time remaining this year. We keep a list of requests we see and will make sure this is added."

Another point of contention dealt with what was said at the press event. Madden NFL Senior Producer Phil Frazier said at one point that presentation and online leagues were the two biggest focuses for Madden 09. While that may be true, Dale Jackson wanted to clarify Mr. Frazier’s statement:

Quote:
"I also want to clarify that Game play is our number one priority this year and has a group of developers specifically devoted to it. Presentation and on-line leagues were the top 2 user requested features coming out of last year, and we wanted to make sure that we addressed them."

Operation Sports’ Executive News Editor Steve Noah attended the event in Vancouver but he doesn’t remember hearing Mr. Frazier specify if it was EA’s or the users’ number one request.
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2008, 12:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 16
If you want to play a complete version of Madden the original Xbox version is still the best. I have purchased Madden for 3 years on my 360 only to return it for the Xbox version. I have no doubt this will be the case again this year.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:20 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 16
I wonder if they fixed the Submission feature. When your online and go up by 21 in the 3rd or 17 in the 4th and a person quits you are allowed to quit and gain the win on the Xbox version.

Somehow this simple feature which has been on the Xbox version for years did not make it to the 360.

It was one of the main reasons I returned madden for the 360. You have to sit and play the Computer the entire game if someone quits.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:41 AM   #4
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37
[sad trombone]
Old 05-13-2008, 01:59 AM   #5
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves

This sucks. Everything that was in the PS2\XBOX versions should be implemented by the 4th next gen game. You wonder if we'll ever get everything from those versions. 2006,2007,2008, and now 2009 with no in game saves, accel clock, user defined cameras and on screen referees. Not to mention chain gang and the ambulance. I can't believe how hard it is to get basic features.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2008, 02:18 AM   #6
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. Imo, in-game saves should be in every sports game. This is a major disappointment for me personally.

I could care less about Chain gangs, and refs on the field, but in game saves are huge for me. There is no, and I mean no excuse for Madden in the year 2008 to not have something as basic as in-game saves.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:34 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17

It's not that they didn't have time, they've made this design decision for a very long time now.

Probably has to do with points or something. EA hates people that have other things to do and can't play a full game every time.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:24 AM   #8
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
[sad trombone]
[laugh track]

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »