Home

Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2008, 09:49 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 62
They had in game saves in Madden 2002 on the PS2, how in the world do they not have them in Madden 2009 for the Xbox 360/PS3. I am just sick of EA's laziness.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:50 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
We can at least expect what was once in the older versions, for crying out loud.
Well said!!! How can we be 4 years into next gen and not even have options that were previously available. Here I thought next gen would actually "enhance" gaming? All it's done as far as EA's concerned is give us a watered down version of a game we already had ... truly pathetic imo.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:53 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
What's even more interesting is this quote from the producer:

They have already initiated the Quality Assurance (QA) phase, for this year's game. Which means they are already in the Final process of completing Madden09.
Quality Assurance Phase ..... you mean they actually have one at EA? Must be something new for 09' huh?
Old 05-13-2008, 09:54 AM   #20
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I agree 100%. Other than eliminating the obvious glitches of 08' this is one feature I definitely expected to have again. Not getting this in is inexcuseable!!! For adult gamers no in-game saves makes the game much less playable as many of us just don't have time to play complete games in one sitting. So much for all the 09' hype ... I was starting to get excited about 09' but once again it appears EA will fall short of expectations ....
Co sign (almost a 100%...I'm not "fooled" by the hype anymore though, not excited one lil bit), but I agree whole heartedly that for those that have a family and/or are adults w/ many responsibilities, the lack of in game saves (again) should make this game off limits for many people.

I may never buy Madden again, and this is one of the many reasons why, but I was hoping that they (EA) would give their "loyal" fans their money's worth this year and include the features/gameplay that SHOULD have been there from day 1 on the next gen consoles.

I am truly amazed that they haven't AT LEAST included the accelerated clock. But then again we should all know better than to expect EA to actually add a useful feature on their next gen Madden games. Anyway, I wish anyone who buys this weed plate luck, and hope they get what they were wishing for from Madden.

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Wii)
Transformers: War For Cybertron (DS)
Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)
Hax Attacks (iPad/iPhone)

Old 05-13-2008, 10:06 AM   #21
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

This is definitely a disappointment. There's really no excuse for it not to be in.
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2008, 10:10 AM   #22
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

Looks like I will be sticking with Madden 08 on the PC for another year. I would really like to know, when people interview these guys at EA, and they give a COMPLETE BS excuse like running out of time being why they didnt implement in-game saves (for the 4th straight year) why are they NEVER called on it, or at least simply asked "Why"??? Will they refuse further interviews or something?
Old 05-13-2008, 10:49 AM   #23
Rookie

Hey_Rebby's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
Looks like I will be sticking with Madden 08 on the PC for another year. I would really like to know, when people interview these guys at EA, and they give a COMPLETE BS excuse like running out of time being why they didnt implement in-game saves (for the 4th straight year) why are they NEVER called on it, or at least simply asked "Why"??? Will they refuse further interviews or something?
That's what I want to know...WHY?
Old 05-13-2008, 11:04 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 8
Seriously, F-you EA. I'm a 32 year old with a wife that likes to play sports games. I don't always have an hour or more to sit around and play a complete game of football. I'd like to be able to save my game in progress when I need to go to dinner with my wife, go out with my wife, or do whatever else I may have to do in my real life. Instead, I'm forced to block out an hour of more of time every time I want to sit down and play one game of football.

Stop being so gosh-damn lazy and make the game right. I'm unwilling to beleive that the PS2 with a freaking MEMORY CARD could do in-game saves with not issues, yet these new, powerful next-gen systems with built in hard drives can't. Your constant desire to push out a throughly rushed game with little to no effort placed on actually making the game better each year is frustrating beyond belief.

Isn't it a sign that most of what people want/request is that you just include the stuff that was actually in the game already? All we want is the game that we played last-gen on the PS2/Xbox with some improved grahics and much better AI. Why is this so difficult for you to understand? Why do you keep doing the opposite of what everyone wants?

Again, screw you. I hope you read this post and realize that you have lost a gamer that has played and owned your game every single year since the first Madden on the Genesis. Oh wait, if you actually read feedback on a forum, you wouldn't "F" your game up so bad. I guess I shouldn't expect you to actually care about a customer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »