Home

Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2008, 11:31 AM   #25
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves

What a huge disappointment for me. I am a father of three and get interrupted constantly. I pause the game and when I come back yep it is frozen. I have to rush to complete a game and not enjoy it. The other big plus to in-game saves is when you play a great game and you go to exit and the game freezes before you are allowed to save, in-game saves give you that insurance that you will not have to replay the game.

It would at least be a bit more bearable if that sim forward feature worked decently, I forget the name for it because I am so angry right now, but if you used that feature you would get like 50 plays every minute. I remember playing a half and then I had to leave so I fast forward the second half on 8 minute quarters and I ended with over 700 yards of offense.

EA is just making it harder and harder every year to support this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2008, 11:38 AM   #26
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

Pathetic. There is NO excuse for not having these small features in that were in the last gen games. "We ran out of time" is complete BS. You've had four freakin years to put it in.

EA GO TO HELL WITH YOUR BS LAZINESS EXCUSES!
Old 05-13-2008, 11:39 AM   #27
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
Seriously, F-you EA. I'm a 32 year old with a wife that likes to play sports games. I don't always have an hour or more to sit around and play a complete game of football. I'd like to be able to save my game in progress when I need to go to dinner with my wife, go out with my wife, or do whatever else I may have to do in my real life. Instead, I'm forced to block out an hour of more of time every time I want to sit down and play one game of football.

Stop being so gosh-damn lazy and make the game right. I'm unwilling to beleive that the PS2 with a freaking MEMORY CARD could do in-game saves with not issues, yet these new, powerful next-gen systems with built in hard drives can't. Your constant desire to push out a throughly rushed game with little to no effort placed on actually making the game better each year is frustrating beyond belief.

Isn't it a sign that most of what people want/request is that you just include the stuff that was actually in the game already? All we want is the game that we played last-gen on the PS2/Xbox with some improved grahics and much better AI. Why is this so difficult for you to understand? Why do you keep doing the opposite of what everyone wants?

Again, screw you. I hope you read this post and realize that you have lost a gamer that has played and owned your game every single year since the first Madden on the Genesis. Oh wait, if you actually read feedback on a forum, you wouldn't "F" your game up so bad. I guess I shouldn't expect you to actually care about a customer.
Great, great post - this is exactly how I feel.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:54 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBucc
Pathetic. There is NO excuse for not having these small features in that were in the last gen games. "We ran out of time" is complete BS. You've had four freakin years to put it in.

EA GO TO HELL WITH YOUR BS LAZINESS EXCUSES!
No doubt, as a matter of fact if it's just a matter of time to include in-game saves, don't send the game out in August! I'd rather wait until September or even October and have a game that includes the necessary upgrades.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:00 PM   #29
Banned

Ridiculous. Just another reason for me not to waste money on EA being useless pricks. I have a hard time believing it'd take much time to throw this into the game especially since they have in last gen games so clearly it is just them not giving a crap about the consumer.

In game saves should be a MUST in every sports game, especially on the 360. Why? Because the damn system is so unreliable. In my oh, 4 or 5 years of my 08 franchise I'd say i have had 5-7 games crash because of a DRE or freezing. The worst was one that crashed with a few minutes left in the 4th qtr.

I hate EA. The day they got that NFL license was the worst day for video game football.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:03 PM   #30
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
No doubt, as a matter of fact if it's just a matter of time to include in-game saves, don't send the game out in August! I'd rather wait until September or even October and have a game that includes the necessary upgrades.
They are done with the features already and the producer said they are tweaking and bug testing now. Lets see if they take the next 3 months to fix the fumbles and Int issues that have plagued this game lately. I place my bet nothing changes but the coat of paint we see every year with this game. Next year perhaps!
Twitter
YouTube
Old 05-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #31
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Goodness people.Talk about thankless!You want your cake and to eat it too.EA has a buggy Madden 08,not happy and rightfully.EA leaves out in game saves to try and eliminate bugs and such and you're still not happy.You know I would rather have play a full game before I can save and be mostly bug free,then play a bug infested game that I'll be lucky to play long enough to save.A bug infested game to ruins the fun of the game such as Madden 08.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2008, 12:11 PM   #32
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo
Ridiculous. Just another reason for me not to waste money on EA being useless pricks. I have a hard time believing it'd take much time to throw this into the game especially since they have in last gen games so clearly it is just them not giving a crap about the consumer.

In game saves should be a MUST in every sports game, especially on the 360. Why? Because the damn system is so unreliable. In my oh, 4 or 5 years of my 08 franchise I'd say i have had 5-7 games crash because of a DRE or freezing. The worst was one that crashed with a few minutes left in the 4th qtr.

I hate EA. The day they got that NFL license was the worst day for video game football.
Then please stop buying their games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »