Home

NCAA Football 09 Beta Team Rating Screenshots

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Beta Team Rating Screenshots within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2008, 12:54 AM   #17
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA Football 09 Beta Team Rating Screenshots

FSU has to be the highest rated unranked team in the history of NCAA Football. How can they be rated so high but unranked? They are the most underachieving team I've seen play in the last 10 years. Tons of talent and no production..just like Miami.

OSU is 99 across the board, but how can a team really be a 99? I think thats weird in a way. When a team is rated 99, you are saying that they should score every time they have the ball imo.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:58 AM   #18
LOB

Coug00's Arena

OVR: 18

Am I blind or did Arizona State get skipped?

Somebody tell EASports that WSU has finished ahead of UW 7 straight years. I can't remember a single version where WSU was rated higher than UW in the NCAA series.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:59 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 25

I think I'm going to ask people to play games with unranked teams and use FSU each time.

My Teams: Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Marquette Golden Eagles, Milwaukee Brewers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Texas Longhorns, Houston Texans, Houston Rockets
Old 05-14-2008, 01:13 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

No love for UConn, 2nd to last in the Big East, only beating Syracuse.

Last edited by NYJets; 05-14-2008 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:18 AM   #21
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoshark
Have fun with your 99 Buckeyes when they lose in Madtown!
Thats the last team we'll be worrying about this season!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2008, 01:26 AM   #22
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

Thanks alot for the ratings pics Steve! Some of these ratings are very confusing and down right discouraging IMO. How on earth can a team like Ole Miss who went 3-9 last year and 0-8 in SEC play (didn't win a single SEC game!) be an 84OVR 86OFF 87DEF. As a matter of fact they are rated higher than about 13 teams in the Top 25. What is this based on? Yet Kansas, a team that went 12-1, returns 16 starters and won the Orange Bowl comes in at a 77OVR . I venture to say these may not be final but they are quite puzzling.

Last edited by o 99 PROBL3MS o; 05-14-2008 at 01:29 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:31 AM   #23
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12

Great Work as usual Steve.

Yes I'm SOOOO pumped to be playing another year in generic stadiums maybe we can be so lucky as to play the Alamo and International bowls outdoors again.

I know we already knew that there was still generic stadiums in the game but I was was really hoping we would be proven wrong and I highly doubt they'll be adding stadiums before July.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:40 AM   #24
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK JAMES 1914
Thanks alot for the ratings pics Steve! Some of these ratings are very confusing and down right discouraging IMO. How on earth can a team like Ole Miss who went 3-9 last year and 0-8 in SEC play (didn't win a single SEC game!) be an 84OVR 86OFF 87DEF. As a matter of fact they are rated higher than about 13 teams in the Top 25. What is this based on? Yet Kansas, a team that went 12-1, returns 16 starters and won the Orange Bowl comes in at a 77OVR . I venture to say these may not be final but they are quite puzzling.
It's Classic EA. The ratings never make sense.

--Alabama is rated as good or higher than Auburn for the upteenth year in a row, even though Auburn has one of the winningest programs over the last 5 years and Bammer is hovering around .500 and coming off another stellar 6-6 season with a loss to a Sun Belt team.

--Florida who was about as stiff on defense as wet tissue paper gets an insane 94 rating on defense..making them into a virtual steel curtain in the game.

--Florida State sloshes through yet another .500 ish season and gets their annual EA hand job with a 94 overall, 99 on defense (99?! Are kidding me EA?) including a 92 on offense...an offense that was one of the worst in the nation this year.

--Ohio State gets trounced for the second consecutive year in the MNC game...and doesn't miss a beat with All 99s!!! Woo Hoo!!!

I could list 10000 other ones, but you get the drift. It's been like this for years.

That being said..at least now recruiting and custom rosters can come into play in Dynasties as opposed to being strapped with these for Online Leagues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »