Home

NCAA Football 09 Full Drive Video: IGN

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Full Drive Video: IGN within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2008, 09:36 PM   #17
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: full drive video BYU vs BC on IGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted88
I was wondering if I was seeing things. I couldn't tell if he actually pitched it, or if it was knocked loose. Either way it did look unnatural. I also wonder why in the snow games, there aren't any footprints in the snow. In the Madden vids there in the game, so why not NCAA? I know it's just a tiny detail, but it's strange they would put it in one game and not the other.
Yeah, I am not sure what supposedly happened on that play but it looked wrong no matter what.

And I was about to post the same thing about the no footprints in the snow. And while it may be a tiny detail, its still annoying.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-15-2008, 09:38 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Yeah, I am not sure what supposedly happened on that play but it looked wrong no matter what.

And I was about to post the same thing about the no footprints in the snow. And while it may be a tiny detail, its still annoying.
just be happy to have snow that doesn't turn into a big, white pillowtop this year...last year's snow was utter GARBAGE

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-15-2008, 09:42 PM   #19
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12

Ya the snow on the field looks much more realistic since they have every five yards clear, the goal line and the side lines so at least we know where were at.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:42 PM   #20
Rookie

twisted88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
just be happy to have snow that doesn't turn into a big, white pillowtop this year...last year's snow was utter GARBAGE
Agreed. But I would love to see a game that actually had the weather effect gameplay. In the middle of a snowstorm it would be pretty cool to see receivers or db's try to make cuts and have their feet come out from under them. Unfortunately, until EA scraps this engine that will never happen.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:45 PM   #21
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
true.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2008, 09:45 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
two things i noticed that i really like

the lighting near the end zone is awesome
the post play continuation is huge IMO, it's so nice that when he scores a TD he doesn't immediately and abruptly stop but instead kinda continues on with his momentum
I feel that there needs to be more post play continuation. The game cuts to the playcall screen so quick after each play and it feels like the game is rushing you to call play after play. I wish we can have more than a few seconds seeing players interact as they are getting up and walking to the huddle. I don't mean constant celebration, high fives, or show boating antics, just simply moving to a huddle, wiping hands clean, adjusting equipment, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

I believe the guy hit the wrong button the pitch. I have to check out the no footprints.

After watching these videos and Maddens, it seems like Madden is getting the greater improvements in my opinion except for the multiple years in online dynasty.

Do you all think maybe the "Powers that Be" asked the NCAA developers to keep improvements to a minimal, because of the backlash of sales on Madden last year?
Old 05-15-2008, 09:48 PM   #23
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Do you all think maybe the "Powers that Be" asked the NCAA developers to keep improvements to a minimal, because of the backlash of sales on Madden last year?
no

Old 05-15-2008, 09:52 PM   #24
Rookie

twisted88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Doubtful

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »