Home

FaceBreaker Blog: Boxing, Not Fighting: IGN

This is a discussion on FaceBreaker Blog: Boxing, Not Fighting: IGN within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2008, 11:33 PM   #1
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48
FaceBreaker Blog: Boxing, Not Fighting: IGN

IGN has posted another FaceBreaker blog called Boxing, Not Fighting.

Quote:
"So FaceBreaker is a boxing game, not a fighting game. True. But as some of you have already noticed, we’ve got some characters that use their feet. Why did we break that boxing rule? Because it’s more fun damnit! We held on to the no kicking rule for as long as we could, but made the call to open up the ability to kick for some characters because they, the characters, simply wanted to kick."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2008, 10:28 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: FaceBreaker Blog: Boxing, Not Fighting: IGN

Quote:
True. But as some of you have already noticed, we’ve got some characters that use their feet. Why did we break that boxing rule? Because it’s more fun damnit! We held on to the no kicking rule for as long as we could, but made the call to open up the ability to kick for some characters because they, the characters, simply wanted to kick.

...it is not a boxing game if there is kicking...why not just make a kick-boxing or a MMA type game if your fighters "want to kick"....
Old 05-16-2008, 05:46 PM   #3
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: FaceBreaker Blog: Boxing, Not Fighting: IGN

they also said afro thunder was a great characterk, but the rest were 'window dressing'. And to prove this did a test where you are to name R2R characters --- yeah I can't name many, but remember alot of them which is saying a lot considering it was a 90s dreamcast game. I don't think EA has created a single character that I remember.

r2r memorables were Borus, the mike tyson look alike, the 20s boxer was great, the martial arts guy, I think the 20s guy was my favorite and borus was the easiest to win with for me.

I'd be willing to bet now r2r will be twice the game facebreaker could hope to be. KICKING?!?
Old 05-16-2008, 06:01 PM   #4
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37
I watched the video and, spin it however you want EA, thats a fighting game in a boxing ring.
and we all remeber all those great EA fighters over the years?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »