Home

Random Online Dynasty Thoughts Part One

This is a discussion on Random Online Dynasty Thoughts Part One within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2008, 12:33 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Random Online Dynasty Thoughts Part One

Bryan Clark, best known as Hellisan from MaddenMania, checks in today with another article discussing the much anticipated online dynasty mode in NCAA Football 09.
Quote:
"There are as many different ways to play a dynasty as there are to skin a cat. Probably more. At MaddenMania, we have always tended to have a majority of forum members that are interested in realism on some level. Some more than others, but a common thread on the NCAA and dynasty boards has always been that the more realistic and believable the dynasty is, the more dedicated the readership."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2008, 01:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Cvhsalumni's Arena

OVR: 6
I agree 100% with this article. I am a big fan of realism and you have given us some great ideas. Thanks.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
stewaat

OVR:
GREAT ARTICLE!!!

However I'm ND so all recruits are game for me!

In the OS Legends league we have ours a little spread out:

3 ACC
2 SEC
1 Big East, Pac-10, ND

We are making sure to schedule at least 3 OS'ers every year after our initial season. No recruiting rules have been constructed but it's definitely a good idea.

I sincerely hope "promises" to recruits are toned down because it was a big safety net last year.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:57 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Random Online Dynasty Thoughts Part One

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
GREAT ARTICLE!!!

However I'm ND so all recruits are game for me!

In the OS Legends league we have ours a little spread out:

3 ACC
2 SEC
1 Big East, Pac-10, ND

We are making sure to schedule at least 3 OS'ers every year after our initial season. No recruiting rules have been constructed but it's definitely a good idea.

I sincerely hope "promises" to recruits are toned down because it was a big safety net last year.
what, no one in big 12 country? (ignore homerism)

i agree with the Promises. they were too powerful, i stopped using them in my dynasties in '08.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:02 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
I think it's best to have the teams spread out. I think the reason a lot of leagues fail is because you have to play so many human vs human games. Schedule the games with them, things come up etc... the beauty of online dynasty is, that's no more. You schedule 1 or 2 OOC games with a human, maybe a conference game or two vs a human and then the rest vs the cpu. Should be no reason games are not played this way. if you have a user controlling everyone in the Big 12, you get the game thing not being able to get together to play. At least the commish has the options to change the human team to cpu or vice versa... okay I am rambling some now and getting off the subject.

Either way you play Online Dynasty is going to be a BLAST! Lets just hope there isn't a huge bug that hurts the experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2008, 05:58 PM   #6
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Random Online Dynasty Thoughts Part One

Eh....

This article is fine but honestly, if you are playing in a large sized Online dynasty....most of the "issues" folks have will be avoided anyway...

1. Human players will load up on all the talented recruits- I don't see this happening. We have 8 players in the OS Legends league. That's EIGHT human opponents all going after the same studs.

So...if folks recruit like they did in single player dynasty..they are going to get butchered. If John Doe likes to target all of the top 100 players and sends the house on them, he's gonna lose out on a ton of them because 7 other guys are also immediately looking for the "studs".

Recruiting against so many people FORCES you to "pick your battles" in going head to head for the 5 and 4 star guys, while making sure you have enough points left over to land some quality 3 star guys to fill out your class. Otherwise...you'll waste all of your points fighting with 3-4 other guys for that 5 star tailback, get shafted..and be left with no points to recruit guys that normally WOULD come to your school.

I'm really against the limiting the regions you recruit in a big dynasty because YOU TAKE AWAY THAT WHICH IS MOST COOL ABOUT RECRUITING THIS YEAR!

If We only let Bkrich recruit California because he's USC and I'm Auburn. If we let Skyboxer be the only guy recruiting Virginia, West Virginia, New Jersey, New York, etc....then you are right back to having 1 or 2 player horde all of the blue chip talent in that area. So again...allowing a "free for all" with every man for himself in any state is a much better way to go IMO because it will force folks to balance out their classes.

Also...instead of deliberately not scheduling teams....COME UP WITH SOME SOLID SLIDERS. Spend a few days slider testing and coming up with a set that actually makes you work against the Texas's and Florida's of the world.

If I want to schedule Oklahoma..I'm going to. I want to have FUN...not worry about "restrictions".

This goes back to your realism vs fun article Jess.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:57 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Eh....

This article is fine but honestly, if you are playing in a large sized Online dynasty....most of the "issues" folks have will be avoided anyway...

1. Human players will load up on all the talented recruits- I don't see this happening. We have 8 players in the OS Legends league. That's EIGHT human opponents all going after the same studs.

So...if folks recruit like they did in single player dynasty..they are going to get butchered. If John Doe likes to target all of the top 100 players and sends the house on them, he's gonna lose out on a ton of them because 7 other guys are also immediately looking for the "studs".

Recruiting against so many people FORCES you to "pick your battles" in going head to head for the 5 and 4 star guys, while making sure you have enough points left over to land some quality 3 star guys to fill out your class. Otherwise...you'll waste all of your points fighting with 3-4 other guys for that 5 star tailback, get shafted..and be left with no points to recruit guys that normally WOULD come to your school.

I'm really against the limiting the regions you recruit in a big dynasty because YOU TAKE AWAY THAT WHICH IS MOST COOL ABOUT RECRUITING THIS YEAR!

If We only let Bkrich recruit California because he's USC and I'm Auburn. If we let Skyboxer be the only guy recruiting Virginia, West Virginia, New Jersey, New York, etc....then you are right back to having 1 or 2 player horde all of the blue chip talent in that area. So again...allowing a "free for all" with every man for himself in any state is a much better way to go IMO because it will force folks to balance out their classes.

Also...instead of deliberately not scheduling teams....COME UP WITH SOME SOLID SLIDERS. Spend a few days slider testing and coming up with a set that actually makes you work against the Texas's and Florida's of the world.

If I want to schedule Oklahoma..I'm going to. I want to have FUN...not worry about "restrictions".

Completely agree with you AuburnAlumni...

in a free for all recruiting market, players will either have to use smart tactics and be smart about how they go after recruits, or chances are they'll get burned more than a few times.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:47 AM   #8
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Eh....

Nice! Brian (bkrich) is still hanging around OS??! Good to hear. Thanks for the great reply man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »