Home

Madden 09: Uniforms Updated!

This is a discussion on Madden 09: Uniforms Updated! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2008, 05:54 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: uniform feedback. EA sends good news

Wow, looks great. Thanks for listening to the community.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:56 PM   #10
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I'm obviously missing something here......how can all those changes be made to the various teams uni's,but putting a single # on a helmet stripe could not?
the only thing that I can think of is this:

If the coding is set up so that a ten's digit is to the left of the stripe and the one's digit is to the right of the stripe, then trying to put single digit numbers on the stripe, causes the one's place on double digit numbers to also be on the stripe.

I hope that made sense.

Illustration: / = stripe

Double Digit numbers now:

1/5

Single digit numbers now:

/7

How single digit numbers should look

/7/

How double digit numbers would look if they put the single digits on the stripe:

1/5/

I really hope that made sense and I am just guessing here.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-02-2008, 06:03 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCajun

Wow, looks great. Thanks for listening to the community.
I didnt quite get the saints one, I get they fixed the logo on the helmet but did they add the logo on the stripes on the pants as well? I know the saints jerseys looked fantastic in the superdome in that vid that showed off madden 08 compared to 09
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 06:37 PM   #12
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Just more proof that we're actually being listened to. This is almost one of those...don't wake me up kinda deals. Nope...we didn't get everything, but you gotta give EA/TIB credit. Listening to us is great...then acting upon the input the best they can is all you can expect. You've come quite aways EA, in a very short amount of time since your new additude towards the communities. Good job!
Old 06-02-2008, 06:44 PM   #13
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
the only thing that I can think of is this:

If the coding is set up so that a ten's digit is to the left of the stripe and the one's digit is to the right of the stripe, then trying to put single digit numbers on the stripe, causes the one's place on double digit numbers to also be on the stripe.

I hope that made sense.

Illustration: / = stripe

Double Digit numbers now:

1/5

Single digit numbers now:

/7

How single digit numbers should look

/7/

How double digit numbers would look if they put the single digits on the stripe:

1/5/

I really hope that made sense and I am just guessing here.
Amateur over here, but I'd think one would really only need to make an exception in the code for drawing the helmet numbers when the number is less than 10; i.e. if helmetNumber < 10 { drawInCenter } else { drawNormal }. drawInCenter would change the location offsets for number drawing to the inside the left edge of the helmet stripe, and drawNormal would draw the numbers as they are being drawn now.

How much work that is to actually code in the Madden engine is anyone's guess, but from my perspective it's not a hard concept. The Giants' single-digit numbers need to be centered as well I believe.

All that said, it's nice to see EA directly responding to community feedback. I can actually enjoy playing as my Cowboys now. (I'm a details stickler about my team too, heh).

Last edited by CM Hooe; 06-02-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:46 PM   #14
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Amateur over here, but I'd think one would really only need to make an exception in the code for drawing the helmet numbers when the number is less than 10; i.e. if helmetNumber < 10 { drawInCenter } else { drawNormal }. drawInCenter would change the location offsets for number drawing to the inside the left edge of the helmet stripe, and drawInCenter would draw the numbers as they are being drawn now.

How much work that is to actually code in the Madden engine is anyone's guess, but from my perspective it's not a hard concept. The Giants' single-digit numbers need to be centered as well I believe.

All that said, it's nice to see EA directly responding to community feedback. I can actually enjoy playing as my Cowboys now. (I'm a details stickler about my team too, heh).
I can understand that. Trust me, I am an amateur as well. Just offering my .02 as to what may be the reason, but again, I am just guessing.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-02-2008, 06:47 PM   #15
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

nice to see the 'boys uniforms up to par.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 08:08 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

You know I never even realized it but the smaller logos for the JETs, Cowboys, etc really make the game look SO much more realistic IMO.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »