Home

Random Online Dynasty Thoughts #3 - Sportsmanship

This is a discussion on Random Online Dynasty Thoughts #3 - Sportsmanship within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2008, 12:59 AM   #9
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Random Online Dynasty Thoughts #3 - Sportsmanship

Quote:
Originally Posted by What1720
Me I just play Grand Theft Auto afterwards and go crazy.
HAHA no kidding. Kill a hoe to make ya feel better about that embarrassing loss.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:24 AM   #10
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Nice one What1720
Old 06-03-2008, 02:03 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 24
good article. I agree, the downfall of online dynasties will be the bad apple or apples of the league. That and cheesers makes me heisitant to join a league where I don't know the other 11 guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 08:55 AM   #12
Pro

blLLD0's Arena

OVR: 10
i think that setting up some ground rules before even one game is played will help with people getting upset and arguing over a video game, i mean there are more important things in life...lol

set up rules pertaining to disconnects, "cheesing", and any recruiting rules your league may have. then make everyone clear of the discipline procedures, ex. 1. warning and 2. you're gone!

after all this is about FUN!!
Old 06-03-2008, 10:20 AM   #13
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29
Creating a league from scratch presents it's challenges.

I would start by making sure your limit the demographic of your user base. If your a married guy with 2 kids... don't expect to enjoy playing in a dynasty with mainly guys in their late teens or early 20's. Your not of the same mindset and probably won't have the same ideas of what a fun league would be like.

Second, you must be able to take a loss.. hell, actually i prefer a guy who wants to lose, because then he knows he has something to work on/work for. There is no shame to losing in online leagues... there are alot of good players out there and you should take the time to get to know the guys in your league so it's easier to swallow a loss. Losing to a buddy is easier to take than losing to an unknown talking head.

Third.. the best leagues have good players that give back. If your more of a dominate player, take time out to help the stragglers in your league. It develops league character and benefits everyone from a quality of play standpoint.

just a few thoughts i have after running Madden League for 4 years.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:11 PM   #14
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid

I would start by making sure your limit the demographic of your user base. If your a married guy with 2 kids... don't expect to enjoy playing in a dynasty with mainly guys in their late teens or early 20's. Your not of the same mindset and probably won't have the same ideas of what a fun league would be like.

Second, you must be able to take a loss.. hell, actually i prefer a guy who wants to lose, because then he knows he has something to work on/work for. There is no shame to losing in online leagues... there are alot of good players out there and you should take the time to get to know the guys in your league so it's easier to swallow a loss. Losing to a buddy is easier to take than losing to an unknown talking head.

Third.. the best leagues have good players that give back. If your more of a dominate player, take time out to help the stragglers in your league. It develops league character and benefits everyone from a quality of play standpoint.

Great post, all good advice.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:47 PM   #15
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

OVR: 26
great read!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 05:05 PM   #16
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Random Online Dynasty Thoughts #3 - Sportsmanship

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid

thanks man, I want in your league. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »