Home

NHL 09 First Look: GameSpot

This is a discussion on NHL 09 First Look: GameSpot within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2008, 08:36 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: NHL09 First Look on Gamespot

The Be A Pro mode in FIFA 08 wasn't a career mode like this will be. This is more like Captain Your Country in UEFA 2008 and RTTS in The Show. I like modes like this that allow you to build up a player through his career although I'm not sure how much I'll like sitting on the bench between shifts, though.

The online 6 on 6 should be awesome.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:33 PM   #18
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

A few things I'd like to see:

- The have the Winter Classic be part of the schedule, outside, with weather effects.

- I'm generally not one for mini games, but I'd like to see an outdoor shinny game on a smaller rink, maybe 2 on 2 or 3 on 3, plus a goalie. This would be fun online as well.

- The ability to play any game, ala Madden and NCAA.

And a few issues to fix:

- Collision detection / clipping. Way too many times I've seen a CPU players stick or skate go right through one of my players stick or leg. And the puck too. Playing D is tough enough, please give me credit when I am actually positioned correctly.

- Line Changes. Besides separate changes for the forwards and D, have them actually come off the ice correctly. I will dump a puck in and call a change and the guys just don't come off.

Last edited by mdgoalie37; 06-06-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:40 PM   #19
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

Can't wait to play be a pro mode, love rtts in mlb the show but like Seahawk said if I'm a 4th liner and only play 7 min it's going to take longer to get through the ahl games then I would like.

Hope getting the stick in the passing lanes doesn't cause tripping penalties like 08 does.

And the massive feature is probably separate sliders for human/cpu...lol
Old 06-06-2008, 09:45 PM   #20
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

[drool]NHL09[/drool]
Old 06-06-2008, 10:33 PM   #21
Pro

Lubey's Arena

OVR: 10

Hopefully they add a way for your player to adjust his body so the defense can't lift their stick. It'd be annoying if the offensive player was just helpless to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2008, 10:48 PM   #22
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Game looks and sounds great...looks like defensive controls and presentation got some serious attention --- which is a good thing.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:29 AM   #23
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

you just have to love this dev team. What they added this year is what most of the customers asked for. A be a pro mode, and enhanced defensive controls.

I can't wait to do the superstar mode with a created james van riemsdyk.....last year's #2 selection by the flyers

so much potential...
Old 06-07-2008, 02:27 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
Game looks and sounds great...looks like defensive controls and presentation got some serious attention --- which is a good thing.
Agreed. how many years did we beg Kush for lifting of sticks on defense? My only concern from the short trailer is goalies appear unchanged. I do hope they at least got a little bit of attention reguarding desperation type of saves since 08 didn't have enough. I also hope the telestration replays with commentary breaking things down makes its way over from Madden 09. I'm excited to try be a pro mode as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »