Home

NHL 09 Preview

This is a discussion on NHL 09 Preview within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2008, 07:48 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 09 Preview

But I dont understand why people speculates about new stuff and so on, when the dev-team has more important things to concentrate on. Like making a game without cheating cheese-goals. I think that should be the most important thing of all. And I cant understand why it would be so difficult making a game whitout cheese-goals. Can anyone tell me that please?
Old 06-12-2008, 09:27 AM   #18
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmats
But I dont understand why people speculates about new stuff and so on, when the dev-team has more important things to concentrate on. Like making a game without cheating cheese-goals. I think that should be the most important thing of all. And I cant understand why it would be so difficult making a game whitout cheese-goals. Can anyone tell me that please?
Well it is hard because until the masses get a game it is not really known what is going to work for cheese type plays. I mean sure they test the game, but to really find what is going to work it needs to be played a couple dozen thousand times. And as you know once a few people stumble on to a glitch goal or cheese play and do it on the internet it won't take long for people to replicate it and abuse it further.

On the bright side the development team has really done somethings to counter the known cheese goals in last years game. Improved battles in front of the net along with the ability to tie up your opponent's stick will go miles in taking away the slap pass and one timers of 08. Still no matter what is put in place a new cheese or glitch is sure to pop up. Sometimes it is just the amount that pop up that determine what make a game fun to keep playing over time.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:52 PM   #19
Rookie

wildhockey19's Arena

OVR: 3

There will ALWAYS be money goals in any game you play. Until the day that an "actual" AI is developed, and by that I mean a system that thinks solely for itself and adapts to its surrounding we will all fall victim to the infamous "cheese" goals. The game is just that, a scripted set of code that may have different variations under different circumstances but always to a set limit. The goalie will always react the same way even to different moves. Again, until they solve the almost impossible task of developing a system that would be able to give the goalie the ability to act on his own, your doomed. Sorry to sound like a space cadet, but I am a computer science major so I cant help myself some times! Peace!
Old 06-12-2008, 06:37 PM   #20
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14

Good write up man.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:35 PM   #21
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

The part about fighting being rebuilt from the ground up with the circling and turtling sounds awesome. If they could just add separate line changes and more board play, I might just buy 2 hockey games this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2008, 08:14 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
The part about fighting being rebuilt from the ground up with the circling and turtling sounds awesome. If they could just add separate line changes and more board play, I might just buy 2 hockey games this year.
Separate line changes are in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCo-LINEBACKER-
Yes, theyre are, healthy people to, not the obese kind.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:48 PM   #23
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeahbaby123
Separate line changes are in.

Not that I don't believe you but is that in the article?
Old 06-12-2008, 08:59 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Not that I don't believe you but is that in the article?
It was definitely stated somewhere; I think in the dev blog

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »