Home

NBA Live 09 Previews: IGN, GameSpot, 1UP

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Previews: IGN, GameSpot, 1UP within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2008, 07:41 PM   #17
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: New Live09 screens

No
Quote:
w you can hold down Right Trigger while doing Quickstrike moves and trigger Ankle Breaker moves. It basically triggers crossover moves with bigger hesitation poses at the end of them. It's your set-up move. Once you get in that pose your defender has to get ready to react because you can explode out of those moves with a first step. If the defender guesses the correct way he'll lock you up. If he guesses the wrong way you cross him up and leave him flat footed. Or, you can even pull-up for a quick jumper. So, essentially, it allows you to take players like Deron Williams, do some regular crossovers to get a rhythm going, quickly break out into an ankle breaker crossover, and try cross your man up and get to the bucket. What I like about this is that it gives our Quickstrike a purpose. There's an offensive and defensive side of it, and creates a "game within the game".

I hope this isnt like that trash in 2K5. It sounds just like it
Old 06-17-2008, 07:43 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: New Live article on ign (Beluba is helping)

i always disliked wang

but wang is growing on me

now i love wang!

Old 06-17-2008, 07:46 PM   #19
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18

Finally we have the early slip on the pick n roll !!! Amare Stoudamire will be a beast in this game now! i like the sound of the NBA Academy
Old 06-17-2008, 07:47 PM   #20
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
We pulled pro-hops this year because we have a new feature we call Signature Play Calling and we are using the Y button for this. I'm sure we'll be talking about this in more detail later, but I'll give you a quick summary of it now. We've re-vamped all of our plays and our play-calling system. Teams will run authentic sets and we'll have a bunch of different options in those sets that focus on your star players. You can run specific plays for Kobe, Pau or Odom, all out of the Triangle. We'll give you one option to choose from 8 plays by bringing up our Signature Play Calling menu via the Left Bumper. Or, you can just push the Y button and it will select the best play for you to run at that time based on who is on the court. It's almost like an "Ask Madden' type idea.

Do you guys like this idea?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:47 PM   #21
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaveliLPC
i always disliked wang

but wang is growing on me

now i love wang!

um.....dude... don't say you like Wang! (jokes)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2008, 07:52 PM   #22
yellow

23's Arena

taking it too far will get you an infraction

now, THIS IS BELUBA ALL THE WAY!

Quote:
Yes, you will be able to assign a number of different animation styles to your created players. You can pick an overall package style if you'd like. For example, all of Chris Paul's animation styles for your created player. Or you can select individual animation styles for each type of animation for your created player. For example: Kobe Bryant's dunking style, Lebron James' go to move, Rip Hamilton's free throw shooting routine, Shawn Marion's jump shot style, etc.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #23
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Outside of that, FIBA Mode returns with 24 separate teams that can be selected from around the world. These teams have their own courts and the AI abides by FIBA Rules, which can make it somewhat of a challenge for players accustomed to the NBA. In fact, players can take an NBA squad and pit them against a FIBA team to see which organization is better
Please let the Tall Blacks be in this year.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:18 PM   #24
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
Do you guys like this idea?
I like the idea but I don't see why they had to pull pro-hops to do it. Why couldn't they map it to a different button?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »