Home

The Demise of Tony Hawk Pro Skater

This is a discussion on The Demise of Tony Hawk Pro Skater within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
The Demise of Tony Hawk Pro Skater

When Skate busted onto the scene last year, gamers experienced a fresh new take on how skating could be done on current-gen consoles. The Demise Tony Hawk Pro Skater, written by Matthew DiStaulo, takes a look at this changing of the guard and what gamers can maybe expect next.

Quote:
"By the time American Wasteland was released it was apparent that Activision was going to pump out as many new versions based on the same old premise as possible, as long as people would buy it. They added another awful storyline that no one wanted to play through, with the same old trick system and an outdated graphics engine. I’m not so sure about our readers’ feelings on the subject, but frankly when I purchase a game based on skating, I want to spend most of my time actually skating. If I wanted to play a game with a storyline I would try for Final Fantasy or Halo."
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37
EA canada seems to be the 1 non-''aquired'' EA studio capable of putting out some qaulity products (NBA Live? whats that??).
Old 06-20-2008, 01:52 AM   #3
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53
Good read. I definitely feel your pain man. TH2 was one of those games for me that just went on forever. I'd stay up playing it well into the night, and even into the morning when I was playing with friends.

I don't really see what Activision can do now. They're not releasing a TH this year are they? Aren't they only releasing for DS while they goback to the drawing board for the big boy consoles?

Oh well..skate. ftw!
Old 06-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Good article, but I don't recall reverts being in THPS 3. I think they started that in 4.

The big thing(s) with 3 were 1) doubling/tripling up flips, 2) freestyle flatland combos, and 3) online play.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:54 AM   #5
Th*s F*c* C*sh*s Ch*cks

ezekiel55's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: The Demise of Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Good article, but I don't recall reverts being in THPS 3. I think they started that in 4.

The big thing(s) with 3 were 1) doubling/tripling up flips, 2) freestyle flatland combos, and 3) online play.
You could double and triple up your flips in the first Tony Hawk...and yes reverts were in part 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2008, 05:21 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8
By far, THPS2 was the best in the series. I remember the hangar level and the skatepark that was in France or something like that.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:12 PM   #7
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: The Demise of Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekey55
You could double and triple up your flips in the first Tony Hawk...and yes reverts were in part 3.
Wow, can't believe I never knew that.

Oh, the times I could have gained up my point totals, gone for not reverting!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-21-2008, 03:49 AM   #8
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10
Yea, reverts were in part 3, the part 4 addition you are thinking of is spine transfers.

And to comment on the article, after playing skate I can never go back to the unrealistic style game.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »