Home

Dynasties Past and Present

This is a discussion on Dynasties Past and Present within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Dynasties Past and Present

Operation Sports' Noah Weber checks in today with a look at how dynasty mode has evolved over the years in NCAA Football. Check out his article, Dynasties Past and Present.

Quote:
"It all started with NCAA ’98, featuring the great Danny Wuerffel. That was the first year EA implemented a multi-season “dynasty” mode, which allowed players to play consecutive seasons while recruiting to replace graduating players at the end of every season. It was quite a bare bones system, as I recall, and offered little more than continuity to the traditional single-season system."
Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2008, 05:47 PM   #2
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Biggest dynasty improvement needed - make it harder. Turning a 1 star school into a bcs winner should be downright hard if not a shade under impossible. Every year I have to use self imposed house rules to keep dynasties even remotely challenging.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:55 PM   #3
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Dynasties Past and Present

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
Biggest dynasty improvement needed - make it harder.
Yup, and part of that process involves tweaking the prestige system so that the big boys don't fall off the map in three years. If a six-star program doesn't finish in the top ten, they drop to five-stars. Well riddle me this, EA: Why is Notre Dame still a six-star program every single year? Obviously even YOU don't agree with how your system works.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:06 PM   #4
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31
it's way too easy for me to get national championships after national championships, so I agree also. It needs to be harder.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:31 PM   #5
Rookie

ronaldc33's Arena

OVR: 3

well if you really want a challenge we have online dynasties now, with 12 active members somebody's bound to be at the bottom of the barrel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2008, 08:03 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 16

Does anyone know if they made the dynasties harder this year? If dynasties are harder this year, then I might be in heaven lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCo-LINEBACKER-
Yes, theyre are, healthy people to, not the obese kind.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:07 PM   #7
Rookie

Freezer Boy's Arena

OVR: 11

I also hope they made dynasty harder this year. When you play as a good team it just gets to easy to recruit anyone you want. Like someone else said I generally have to set some rules for my self.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3
This is my first post, and this is a subject near and dear. I have been a fan of this site for a while. I agree with the whole movement to make it harder. I can never seem to find the correct balance with the sliders and difficulty levels. However, here is my Dynasty dream.. I want to be able to build a university from absolutely nothing and play the role of coach and athletic director. You have a budget to spend each year and how you spend it effects your schools growth. Everything from building the Stadium, recruiting players, to the team uniforms should come at a cost. You should be able to earn money through attendance (dynamic attendance is essential), bowl appearances, and boosters, ect.. I want to be able to create my very own university, and watch the team get better with players, the stadium get bigger, and the fan base grow year to year… and so on. Also, the more I spend on my weight room will help my current roster players become stronger next year, and will help me better recruit an athlete who wants good workout facilities.. The more I spend on academics would increase my players awareness / intelligence year to year, but also allow me to sign smarter athletes. I want to start as a non conference independent school and hand pick scrub schools in hopes of squeaking out a few wins in the first couple seasons, then getting invited to join a mid-major conference (i.e. MAC), to eventually being invited to join a BCS Conference. I want to be able to go from watching my team playing in a farm field with a single bleacher holding barley 100 people.. No scoreboard, nothing.. To playing in front of 100k plus in a state of the art stadium I designed.. That is my dream Dynasty..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »