Home

Tuesday Morning Other Stuff (7-1-08)

This is a discussion on Tuesday Morning Other Stuff (7-1-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2008, 08:24 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Tuesday Morning Other Stuff (7-1-08)

OK, to be more specific with the morning links. Please comment on them to generate discussion. This way, I can guage what interests readers and what doesn't. It makes for good conversation and I'll know what to look out for in the next update. If you guys don't comment on specific links, I'll just figure there is no interest in those topics. Hope that makes sense. This is another way of getting to know our readers and as the staff chimes in, an easier way to get to know them as well. We have a solid community here, I just want to get to know them a little better, the morning blurb is a great place for this to happen. Hope that makes sense.

Not a big fan of riding the bike in the rain. I got lucky yesterday as I just had a few drops come down on the way home. It looked like I was gonna get poured on. Hoping to get my exhaust system before the 4th, but it's not looking too good.

What's up with you?
  • Q'sOTD: If we could add a new feature to the site, what would you like to see and would you use it?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!

Sheik, SageTheInfinite (26), Trapper700 (23), What1720 (21), XxKrebsxX (21), Young Steezy (18)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 08:44 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: Tuesday Morning Other Stuff (7-1-08)

2 days till vacation!

I usually check out the humorous stuff (like the Cracked.com articles) and the gaming news. I'm not so interested in the tech/PC articles.

I eat instant oatmeal for breakfast that has cinnamon on it. Other than that, I don't eat too many of those foods.

QOTD: Video reviews would be cool.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:48 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8
I actually like the way you do these and the after dark ones now. I like that they seem to be stuff that you find interesting and they give me something different to look at each day that I might have not found otherwise.

If you narrow them down to just sports/video games, it will be the same stuff I've read everywhere else.

Keep it random.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:50 AM   #4
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
I read most of the links. I def look at the vid games links (PS3/360 specific) and anything humorous. The above links that reference 2.4 made me pretty dang excited to own a PS3, seems things are coming around. Some i cant see at work (And i really wanted to see the mutant superheroes)

The fantasy baseball owner reminds me of all fantasy owners, we are so dang serious about it (not that im any different.)

QOTD: Im surprised no one uses the chat feature more.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:51 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 10
I leave for work in four minutes. I'm so excited to deliver everyone's mail and I hope there are a lot of catalogs and other nonsense (not).

I'm always interested in reading in the PS3 FW news. With 2.4 dropping tomorrow, it should be a solid day.

QOTD: I really can't think of anything that could be added that isn't already here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 08:51 AM   #6
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I like the new bluetooth headset. I don't really play online but for some reason I want it lol. The fantasy baseball thing in the onion was hilarious.

QOTD: I second the video reviews. I also would like to see a look back at old sports game feature. Where you could show the gameplay. And discuss what what was great back then about the game and how far we have come. In fact maybe I could do that for you Steve.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:11 AM   #7
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

That fantasy baseball link was hilarious

QOTD: Dynasty Manager...is it still in the works?
Old 07-01-2008, 09:19 AM   #8
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Usually with your links, I only click on the ones that have videos or images unless it is an article that really jumps out like the mutant one from today. I usually check this thread first thing in the morning, so my mind isn't quite ready for a lot of reading, so I enjoy the images and videos.

QOTD: I would like the Podcast to return

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »