Home

FIFA Soccer 09 First Look

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 09 First Look within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2008, 01:03 PM   #9
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: FIFA Soccer 09 First Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
me three, that'd be awesome if int'l teams were job options, but ima guess no considering that there are only 40 teams.
By international games playing a role in Manager Mode, I meant players going away on international duty. So like instead of playing your first team, you'd have to play some subs and reserves for a game or two.

I think it'd be a great way to keep your manager mode fresh and not using the same players all the time.
But we all live in denial
Old 07-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #10
MVP

devilsjaw's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
By international games playing a role in Manager Mode, I meant players going away on international duty. So like instead of playing your first team, you'd have to play some subs and reserves for a game or two.

I think it'd be a great way to keep your manager mode fresh and not using the same players all the time.
Hopefully you're right. That and let us be able to see what's happening in the other leagues.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:22 PM   #11
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44
i have no inside knowledge but i wouldn't get your hopes up about international games in Manager Mode. That'd be a fairly big addition and my guess is they would have touted it as a new addition to the game.

Then again they also didn't talk about Manager Mode much so maybe there's more to come?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 01:25 PM   #12
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44
and i agree about four seasons - my first thought when I heard that was "why limit it to just four seasons??"

IMO it should be more like a max of 20 years - letting you create an 18 year old who starts out in a lower league and slowly progress him to the point he gets to the top teams and international duty.

To create a brand new player from scratch in one of the lower leagues and get him to international legend status would take heaps of experience points each match.

plus to me part of the fun would be transfering and bouncing around from team to team. starting for a team like Southend United, then moving to a Liverpool before transfering to Schalke 04 or Napoli. Can't really pull that off in four seasons if you want to accomplish anything (and that's exactly what I did as a manager in FIFA 08).

Last edited by BlyGilmore; 07-01-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:07 PM   #13
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid

I liked that about 07 on PC. I'd lose about 3-4 guys off of Man U to int'l duty. Made me think about my backups and what formations to play to maximize my chances. Also, I had to play those guys to keep their form up.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 07-01-2008, 03:17 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 24
The computer is gonna be confounded by my soccer strategy, since I basically apply none.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #15
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
The computer is gonna be confounded by my soccer strategy, since I basically apply none.
I like that........

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2008, 05:51 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Never liked be-a-pro

never will.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »