Home

Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (7-2-08)

This is a discussion on Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (7-2-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2008, 09:35 AM   #9
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FYI.

PS3 owners complain of Firmware 2.40 freezes

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/07/02/many-ps3-owners-complain-of-firmware-240-freezes/
Old 07-02-2008, 10:15 AM   #10
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44
I've got a great question of the day? What's your favorite word Steve has used in a Morning Links article? The clear winner now ... tits
Old 07-02-2008, 10:25 AM   #11
Rookie for life...

Wasted Penguins's Arena

OVR: 12
QOTD: 2004 Chevy Silverado, Z71 ...pretty sweet...except for the 14 mpg! Thinking of getting a 2nd car or bike to drive to work in...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2008, 10:44 AM   #12
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (7-2-08)

QOTD: We have a 2005 Kia mini-van (bought new) and a 2005 Camry (just bought used with only 25K). Very happy with both cars. The Kia has had no problems.

I have to say I enjoy all the links posted. Since I always browse a few gaming sites, I find the non-gaming stuff more click-worthy.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:45 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

2.40 for the PS3 is like a non-issue for me at the moment. A guy at work who only owns a Wii REALLY wanted to play the new Metal Gear game. So since I was going on vacation and moving and all of that, I told him he could borrow my PS3 and buy himself the new Metal Gear, so long as I got to keep the game when he returned my PS3.

So...he's only about halfway done with it, which means I'm probably still a week or two away from getting my PS3 back.

What's Up?

I got the man room (where my 360 and PC is) all unpacked and put together last night. My wife has told me that I'm not allowed to hang anything on the wall in there unless it's framed. So far, I have a Jim Kelly picture and a Wrestlemania 20th anniversary pin set in frames, hanging in there.

I have a big UNCW poster with my media passes from that conference championship season I want to get put into a really nice frame and hung in there. I'll take care of that later.

I got the living room unpacked and ready for our new couch and love seat that will be delivered today. I'm so ready to get rid of this old stinky couch.

QOTD:

I drive a 2004 Ford Focus hatchback, after a water incident ended my run of owning a 1998 Land Rover Discovery.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:55 AM   #14
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Those "young phenom" videos (little Reggie Bush and the 2-year-old skateboarder) were awesome. I wish I had that kind of talent when I was little!

I'd love to get the new iPhone after I graduate in May, I've been wanting one since they were first announced. I guess you could say the iPhone is "tits."

I'm installing 2.40 right now, I'm pretty excited about all the features that are being added. Trophies, expanding the friends list to 100 and being able to read/send messages in-game are BIG additions for me. Hopefully someday they'll add in-game chat, as I really miss that from 360.

Speaking of 360, I doubt I'll pick one up ever again. The whole RROD issue (and sending me a bad console back on top of it) really soured my opinion of the 360. There's some things I still miss about it (I really love XBL and Halo 3) but not enough to justify owning two consoles. Just don't have the money.

QOTD: I'm still on my first car, a 1995 Toyota Avalon. It's got about 145,000 miles on it, but it is still a very good car. I'll be looking for something new in two years or so.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 07-02-2008, 10:57 AM   #15
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I saw the message last night for the 2.4 update on my PS3 but I didn't download it.

Is it wrong that I want one of those DS lightsabers

I'm downloading that iPhone guided tour right now. I don't know much about fancy phones and stuff, but I asked my wife for an iPhone for my b-day next month.

QOTD: I have a '96 Mustang that I bought new right after graduating high school. It was my first ever big purchase and 180,000 miles later, I'm still driving it. I'll drive it until it is too expensive to fix.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2008, 10:58 AM   #16
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Man room? I'm jealous.

QOTD: I drive an 04 4Runner that has given us no trouble at all since we bought it 3 years ago. My wife drives a 97 Accord that has also never given us any trouble. Once the 4Runner is paid off soon we'll be getting the wife another car, possibly a Murano or Maxima.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »