Home

Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (7-2-08)

This is a discussion on Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (7-2-08) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2008, 11:14 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Wednesday Morning Other Stuff (7-2-08)

Someone PM'ed me asking about the man room so I'll explain a little further...

It's a pretty basic setup. I bought the cheapest TV stand I could find from Wal-Mart. It's one of those TV carts with wheels on the bottom (I didn't put the wheels on) and one shelf. I have a 19" Samsung wide screen LCD monitor that I use for my Xbox gaming. A small HDTV is in the plans but we probably won't get one until Christmas.

I have the Xbox in the shelf of that thing, all my games on the bottom. I have one of those video game rocker chairs with the speakers included that I sit in to play.

The PC is in a good sized computer armoire (sp?). The doors can close and I have it situated in a corner, so it's pretty much out of the way.

On the other end of the room, I have a really nice futon that also serves as a guest bed (folds out into a queen size bed). When it's in couch mode, I'll sit there and watch TV (when I get one).

I have two small end tables on either end of the futon. On one, I have a full sized replica Bills helmet and a small model of Ralph Wilson Stadium. On the other, I have a small plush UNC Tar Heel mascot, a replica of the 1993 National Championship Trophy, and a UNC Tar Heels bobblehead.

I'm planning on mounting a shelf on the wall above the futon and putting all of my other sports knick knacks up there (Terry Tate-Office Linebacker Bobblehead, my Super Bowl 38 Ticket Stub, various old Starting Lineup figures, etc).

That's pretty much the jist of it.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:15 AM   #18
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

QOTD: 2004 Honda Civic EX. I am very happy with it, although I'm not happy with the dent I put in it awhile ago.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:19 AM   #19
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Yeah, It displays the date and time while your on the main menu (ie. not playing a game or in the PS Store)..Just a cool little addition IMO.
44-41! You have to be getting excited about the fact the Rangers have been playing some rather good baseball this month. If they could play another month like they did May, for July...look out! But, I am a Rangers fan so I shall not get my hopes up too far.

QOTD: Ford Explorer Sport Trac and no, the gas mileage sucks. I will probably be downconverting quite far, to a Prius or other small, gas efficient hybrid very soon.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:26 AM   #20
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Thats awesome, i love my man room, no idea what id do without it

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:28 AM   #21
Pro

Nomah5's Arena

OVR: 7
UGH. an 07 bmw X5 4.8i. My 30 year old ego led me to the bigger V8 engine and the 12 miles per gallon I get.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2008, 11:41 AM   #22
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

QOTD: I drive a 2002 Tahoe. I love it and haven't had any major problems with it. I think the mileage is around 90,000+ so I'll just drive it until it won't let me.

Yes, everyone should have their own man room. That's where I have my theater system, plasma TV, computer, and PS3.
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Old 07-02-2008, 11:52 AM   #23
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

2001 Saturn SC1

It's ok...i'm far from happy with the acceleration from a dead stop, but it's a sufficient car for now. It's got about 80k miles on it, so my plan is to just run it into the ground for at least 2 more years...I'd like a new car, but not enough to pay through the roof right now (and I'd like hybrids to get even more advanced than they are now).
Old 07-02-2008, 12:01 PM   #24
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

I don't understand the point of hybrids as you pay thousands of dollars more for them and that money is probably more than you would spend extra in gas on a regular car.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »