Home

New Gameplay and Playbooks Open Things Up

This is a discussion on New Gameplay and Playbooks Open Things Up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
New Gameplay and Playbooks Open Things Up

Have you considered what the new look gameplay is going to do with the playbooks this year in NCAA Football 09? Patrick Williams has the scoop and takes a brief look at the possibilities which the new gameplay will provide to playbook aficionados. Check out his article, New Gameplay and Playbooks Open Things Up.

Quote:
"By now most of you have probably played the demo to death. What you got a glimpse of is how money the underneath passing game is going to be in NCAA Football 09. What you probably didn’t get a good chance to try, with the quarters being so short, was the ground game."

Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2008, 01:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
good stuff, 5 minute quarters may be way too short this year since players that like to control the clock may actually be able to control the clock a little better...
Old 07-03-2008, 01:58 PM   #3
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: New Gameplay and Playbooks Open Things Up

Well thank god screen plays normally work in most cases now !!!!!!

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Old 07-03-2008, 02:22 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
Yeah, the blocking for the screens is so sweet now...hopefully after about the third or fourth time a screen is used the defense picks up on it a little bit though because on the demo the screen has been an easy route to get myself out of a 3rd and 14 type situation
Old 07-03-2008, 02:28 PM   #5
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Yeah screens are money now, almost too money. Still it should be better on a higher difficulty. They are beautiful to watch develop though. And like the article said if you call them out of different formations you can probably keep your opponent on their toes enough to have them work late in games if you have already ran a few even.

The nice thing is while playing Defense you will have to decide if you want to sacrafice the player you are to a downfield blocker in hopes of freeing up someone else. Certainly a tough decision on the fly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

Nice read, ya I have seen alot of players complain how screens are going to ruin the game, I disagree..but eh...each to their own.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:17 PM   #7
Rookie

Freezer Boy's Arena

OVR: 11
Man all this stuff about NCAA 09 has really got me siked. I hope EA doesn't let me down again.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #8
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezer Boy
Man all this stuff about NCAA 09 has really got me siked. I hope EA doesn't let me down again.
I would agree....last year EA blew it first of all by putting Zabransky (How in the hell do u pass up on Adrian Peterson) on the cover and then the game play was suspect at best. Field texture and lighting were horrible.

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »