Home

NHL 09 Screenshots

This is a discussion on NHL 09 Screenshots within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 09 Screenshots

EA Sports have just sent us some NHL 09 screenshots that feature recently signed free agents in their new team jerseys.

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2008, 03:59 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: NHL 09 Screenshots

Thanks man.

And of course, like they do EVERY YEAR, ign links these screenshots on their PC page, which will of course make people wonder whether or not the NHL PC game will finally have the next gen graphics engine. Which of course it won't.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:43 PM   #3
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Is it just me or does the puck look smaller?
Old 07-03-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Is it just me or does the puck look smaller?
It looks good to me, but I can't comment on it looking smaller. Perhaps you're used to the puck-shadow that you see during gameplay?
Old 07-03-2008, 05:18 PM   #5
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I don't know why, but hockey games never really impress me with their graphics. They just aren't on par with the other sports IMO. However, this is still the better looking hockey game to date.

As long as the PS3 version is running at 60 FPS, I will give it a fair look. I liked NHL 08 a lot.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2008, 06:57 PM   #6
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I don't know why, but hockey games never really impress me with their graphics. They just aren't on par with the other sports IMO. However, this is still the better looking hockey game to date.

As long as the PS3 version is running at 60 FPS, I will give it a fair look. I liked NHL 08 a lot.
I thought it looked great especially the player faces. Shanahan, Gomez, Jagr and Drury were very accurate. The look of the game looks better than all of the other sports game out in my opinion. Bettter than Madden, All Pro, MLB 2k8 and any other sporst game I have played. Though the tennis game looks pretty great as well.

As for the puck shadow, I never use it and I still thought the puck looked to big. I hate puck Shadows. That is the first thing I turn off when I play. I hope they make the puck look realistically smaller.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:01 PM   #7
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
As for the puck shadow, I never use it and I still thought the puck looked to big. I hate puck Shadows. That is the first thing I turn off when I play. I hope they make the puck look realistically smaller.
I hate the idea, too. But you can't turn it off in NHL 08; only small, medium and large are options...
Old 07-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
I thought it looked great especially the player faces. Shanahan, Gomez, Jagr and Drury were very accurate. The look of the game looks better than all of the other sports game out in my opinion. Bettter than Madden, All Pro, MLB 2k8 and any other sporst game I have played. Though the tennis game looks pretty great as well.

The reason it looked big too you was because you can't turn it off. You can only make it smaller. 2k you can turn it off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »