Home

NCAA Football Defensive Strategy: Safety

This is a discussion on NCAA Football Defensive Strategy: Safety within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2008, 04:12 AM   #17
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
i am a safety hallic and i play this position most of the time. dont fall for the play action because coverage deep is your first assignment. make sure you dont miss a open field tackle becuase if you do then its off to the races. make sure you take proper angles to the ball and use the hit stick only when the oportunity is in plain view, mistakingly using this at the wrong time could cost your team in the clutch moments. SAFTEY 102
Old 07-03-2008, 05:06 AM   #18
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Football Defensive Strategy: Safety

i have to say how impressed and enjoyable these editorials have been! great!
Old 07-03-2008, 01:13 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3
played my first game controlling the FS and had 1 pick, it's definitely sweet....definitely fun trying to predict where the QB is going to throw within your zone
Old 07-03-2008, 08:50 PM   #20
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggypablo7
played my first game controlling the FS and had 1 pick, it's definitely sweet....definitely fun trying to predict where the QB is going to throw within your zone

but the best part is running up and laying the wood to a wide reciever across the middle or a running back out of the back field. the excitement is amazing.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 07-04-2008, 06:53 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2
It is easier to play the safety position this year, rather then in 08. You didn't have time to make plays in the passing game. Glad they fixed that this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2008, 08:34 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 12

I played with the D-Line up until 07, then switched to the SS and it's been awesome. My friends never understood why I played with the line, but I was really good at forcing pressure and stopping the run. Once I switched to SS I was even more controlling on defense. I use FSU mostly and Myron Rolle is a stud, so it works out nicely.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:40 PM   #23
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by piggypablo7
I think I will consider making the jump to start playing as a safety. It seems like it would be really fun once I got good at controlling that position. Does anybody ever try to play as the Corner?
Played using corner once while playing a co-op 4player dynasty with K-state on 06 0r 07 ps2 and it was pretty sweet. It is the most difficult position to play but its the most rewarding to shut down a top reciever. The key is to use the straife button so that u can back pedal a stay square to the reciever and when the reciever make a cut u can use the sprint button to keep up. Oh yea if u never played a 4player co-op game or dynasty try it b/c it seems that ur going to over match the Cpu but every one really has to be on the same page for u to even be effective.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2
i usually use the MLB or DL but after reading this i think ill start playing some more safety

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »